Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Taylor County

  •   State: 
    West Virginia
      County: 
    Taylor County
      Zips: 
    26424
    26435
    26440
    26347
    26354
      Coordinates: 
    39.33599345126872, -80.04618395243283
      Area total: 
    175.68 sq. mi., 455.01 sq. km, 112434.56 acres
      Area land: 
    172.77 sq. mi., 447.48 sq. km, 110573.44 acres
      Area water: 
    2.91 sq. mi., 7.53 sq. km, 1861.12 acres
      Established: 
    1844
      Capital seat: 

    Grafton
    Address: 214 West Main Street
    County Courthouse
    Grafton, WV 26354-1387
    Governing Body: County Commission with 3 board size
    Governing Authority: Dillon's Rule

  • Taylor County, West Virginia, United States

  •   Population: 
    16,705; Population change: -1.12% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    97 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $37,581
      Households: 
    6,462
      Unemployment rate: 
    7.40% per 7,816 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    6.00%
      Income taxes: 
    6.50%
      GDP: 
    $524.25 M, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Taylor County's population of West Virginia of 19,114 residents in 1930 has dropped 0,87-fold to 16,705 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 50.54% female residents and 49.46% male residents live in as of 2020, 60.41% in Taylor County, West Virginia are married and the remaining 39.59% are single population.

    As of 2020, 60.41% in Taylor County, West Virginia are married and the remaining 39.59% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    7,441 residential units of which 90.35% share occupied residential units.

    26.8 minutes is the average time that residents in Taylor County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    82.74% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 12.36% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 0.37% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 1.32% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Taylor County, West Virginia 70.24% are owner-occupied homes, another 18.27% are rented apartments, and the remaining 11.49% are vacant.

  • The 31.54% of the population in Taylor County, West Virginia who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 58.120%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 39.690%) of those eligible to vote in Taylor County, West Virginia.

Skyline of Taylor County

In 51 U.S. states are published

3853 Companies
1226 Counties
2376 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

The Gilded Nest

16A N State St, Greenfield, IN 46140

Risco Reusable Industrial Supply Co

1260 N Queen Rd, Walkerton, IN 46574

Southern Guide Fishing Maps

500 Gulf Shore Dr, Destin, FL 32541

Innova Computers

3460 W Walnut St, Garland, TX 75042

Swann Warehouse

111 Poplar St, Murray, KY 42071

Other Companies

Best Supply

9100 W Flamingo Rd # 1052, Las Vegas, NV 89147

Tonja's Toffee LLC

210 E 6th St, Scott City, KS 67871

BEHNKE NURSERY

9545 River Rd, Potomac, MD 20854

Jase Benson Shop

48053 250th St, Garretson, SD 57030

A-American Custom Flooring Inc

7777 N Caldwell Ave, Niles, IL 60714

Landscape of West Virginia