Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Pleasants County

  •   State: 
    West Virginia
      County: 
    Pleasants County
      Zips: 
    26134
    26170
      Coordinates: 
    39.370937642292624, -81.16062971914243
      Area total: 
    134.55 sq. mi., 348.48 sq. km, 86110.08 acres
      Area land: 
    130.12 sq. mi., 337.01 sq. km, 83276.16 acres
      Area water: 
    4.43 sq. mi., 11.47 sq. km, 2833.92 acres
      Established: 
    1851
      Capital seat: 

    Saint Marys
    Address: 301 Court Ln Ste 101
    County Courthouse
    Saint Marys, WV 26170-1317
    Governing Body: County Commission with 3 board size
    Governing Authority: Dillon's Rule

  • Pleasants County, West Virginia, United States

  •   Population: 
    7,653; Population change: 0.63% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    59 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $42,375
      Households: 
    2,787
      Unemployment rate: 
    11.10% per 2,720 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    6.00%
      Income taxes: 
    6.50%
      GDP: 
    $466.96 M, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Pleasants County's population of West Virginia of 6,545 residents in 1930 has increased 1,17-fold to 7,653 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 50.12% female residents and 49.88% male residents live in as of 2020, 64.00% in Pleasants County, West Virginia are married and the remaining 36.00% are single population.

    As of 2020, 64.00% in Pleasants County, West Virginia are married and the remaining 36.00% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    3,209 residential units of which 89.75% share occupied residential units.

    27.4 minutes is the average time that residents in Pleasants County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    85.30% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 10.81% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 0.17% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 1.01% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Pleasants County, West Virginia 70.43% are owner-occupied homes, another 16.61% are rented apartments, and the remaining 12.96% are vacant.

  • The 33.16% of the population in Pleasants County, West Virginia who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 59.560%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 38.390%) of those eligible to vote in Pleasants County, West Virginia.

Skyline of Pleasants County

In 51 U.S. states are published

3853 Companies
1226 Counties
2376 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

The Gilded Nest

16A N State St, Greenfield, IN 46140

Risco Reusable Industrial Supply Co

1260 N Queen Rd, Walkerton, IN 46574

Southern Guide Fishing Maps

500 Gulf Shore Dr, Destin, FL 32541

Innova Computers

3460 W Walnut St, Garland, TX 75042

Swann Warehouse

111 Poplar St, Murray, KY 42071

Other Companies

Stephens Attachments

171 Bear Creek Rd, Sarver, PA 16055

Gina's Intimates

228 Park Shadow Ct, Baldwin Park, CA 91706

Sunglass City

110 Commercial Blvd, Lauderdale-By-The-Sea, FL 33308

A Lot Ta Gifts

1578 Ash Ct, Morgan Hill, CA 95037

DGC Inc

2785 CA-1, Torrance, CA 90505

Landscape of West Virginia