Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Monongalia County

  •   State: 
    West Virginia
      County: 
    Monongalia County
      Zips: 
    26502
    26590
    26543
    26531
    26504
    26546
    26544
    26590
    26541
    26507
    26534
    26505
    26541
    26521
    26570
    26501
    26506
    26501
    26508
    26505
      Coordinates: 
    39.630283931558395, -80.04654407531193
      Area total: 
    365.88 sq. mi., 947.62 sq. km, 234163.20 acres
      Area land: 
    360.09 sq. mi., 932.63 sq. km, 230458.24 acres
      Area water: 
    5.79 sq. mi., 14.99 sq. km, 3704.96 acres
      Established: 
    1776
      Capital seat: 

    Morgantown
    Address: 243 High St
    County Courthouse
    Morgantown, WV 26505-5461
    Governing Body: County Commission with 3 board size
    Governing Authority: Dillon's Rule

  • Monongalia County, West Virginia, United States

  •   Population: 
    105,822; Population change: 10.01% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    294 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $40,623
      Households: 
    36,631
      Unemployment rate: 
    6.30% per 54,613 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    6.00%
      Income taxes: 
    6.50%
      GDP: 
    $6.18 B, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Monongalia County's population of West Virginia of 50,083 residents in 1930 has increased 2,11-fold to 105,822 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 48.72% female residents and 51.28% male residents live in as of 2020, 46.75% in Monongalia County, West Virginia are married and the remaining 53.25% are single population.

    As of 2020, 46.75% in Monongalia County, West Virginia are married and the remaining 53.25% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    49,881 residential units of which 88.98% share occupied residential units.

    22.1 minutes is the average time that residents in Monongalia County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    75.85% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 11.45% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 0.88% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 3.20% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Monongalia County, West Virginia 56.43% are owner-occupied homes, another 36.93% are rented apartments, and the remaining 6.64% are vacant.

  • The 27.42% of the population in Monongalia County, West Virginia who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 47.260%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 51.110%) of those eligible to vote in Monongalia County, West Virginia.

Skyline of Monongalia County

In 51 U.S. states are published

3853 Companies
1226 Counties
2376 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

The Gilded Nest

16A N State St, Greenfield, IN 46140

Risco Reusable Industrial Supply Co

1260 N Queen Rd, Walkerton, IN 46574

Southern Guide Fishing Maps

500 Gulf Shore Dr, Destin, FL 32541

Innova Computers

3460 W Walnut St, Garland, TX 75042

Swann Warehouse

111 Poplar St, Murray, KY 42071

Other Companies

La Villa Mexican Store and Tacos

2029 Wall St, Spring Hill, TN 37174

Ironwood Studios

119 Jennings Ave, Knoxville, TN 37917

MRO Supply

7750 Zionsville Rd, Indianapolis, IN 46268

The Cotton Quilt

4900 Troy Rd, Granite Falls, NC 28630

Cascade Kropz

19127 Smokey Point Blvd, Arlington, WA 98223

Landscape of West Virginia