Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Mason County

  •   State: 
    West Virginia
      County: 
    Mason County
      Zips: 
    25247
    25187
    25503
    25520
    25287
    25106
    25502
    25123
    25265
    25253
    25515
    25260
    25550
      Coordinates: 
    38.769735686726044, -82.02653804012662
      Area total: 
    444.72 sq. mi., 1151.81 sq. km, 284617.60 acres
      Area land: 
    430.77 sq. mi., 1115.68 sq. km, 275690.88 acres
      Area water: 
    13.95 sq. mi., 36.13 sq. km, 8926.72 acres
      Established: 
    1804
      Capital seat: 

    Point Pleasant
    Address: 200 6Th St
    County Courthouse
    Point Pleasant, WV 25550-1131
    Governing Body: County Commission with 3 board size
    Governing Authority: Dillon's Rule

  • Mason County, West Virginia, United States

  •   Population: 
    25,453; Population change: -6.85% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    59 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $33,984
      Households: 
    10,786
      Unemployment rate: 
    8.50% per 10,356 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    6.00%
      Income taxes: 
    6.50%
      GDP: 
    $717.77 M, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Mason County's population of West Virginia of 20,788 residents in 1930 has increased 1,22-fold to 25,453 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 51.18% female residents and 48.82% male residents live in as of 2020, 62.78% in Mason County, West Virginia are married and the remaining 37.22% are single population.

    As of 2020, 62.78% in Mason County, West Virginia are married and the remaining 37.22% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    12,153 residential units of which 86.97% share occupied residential units.

    29.4 minutes is the average time that residents in Mason County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    83.61% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 10.22% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 0.04% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 2.46% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Mason County, West Virginia 70.61% are owner-occupied homes, another 16.55% are rented apartments, and the remaining 12.84% are vacant.

  • The 25.91% of the population in Mason County, West Virginia who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 55.200%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 42.290%) of those eligible to vote in Mason County, West Virginia.

Skyline of Mason County

In 51 U.S. states are published

3853 Companies
1226 Counties
2376 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

The Gilded Nest

16A N State St, Greenfield, IN 46140

Risco Reusable Industrial Supply Co

1260 N Queen Rd, Walkerton, IN 46574

Southern Guide Fishing Maps

500 Gulf Shore Dr, Destin, FL 32541

Innova Computers

3460 W Walnut St, Garland, TX 75042

Swann Warehouse

111 Poplar St, Murray, KY 42071

Other Companies

South Fresh Feeds

403 Maria Ave, Demopolis, AL 36732

P3 BioSystems

10200 Forest Green Blvd #112, Louisville, KY 40223

Top Value Trading Inc

5395 NW 165th St #101, Hialeah, FL 33014

B & B Specialties

1104 S Monroe St, Spencer, WI 54479

Delgreco Supply Co

50 SW Cutoff, Northborough, MA 01532

Landscape of West Virginia