Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Marion County

  •   State: 
    West Virginia
      County: 
    Marion County
      Zips: 
    26560
    26563
    26566
    26572
    26576
    26578
    26587
    26555
    26585
    26574
    26559
    26591
    26554
    26588
    26571
    26554
    26582
    26554
      Coordinates: 
    39.50999506641101, -80.24339829809423
      Area total: 
    311.52 sq. mi., 806.83 sq. km, 199371.52 acres
      Area land: 
    308.75 sq. mi., 799.67 sq. km, 197601.92 acres
      Area water: 
    2.77 sq. mi., 7.16 sq. km, 1769.60 acres
      Established: 
    1842
      Capital seat: 

    Fairmont
    Address: 200 Jackson St Rm 403
    County Courthouse
    Fairmont, WV 26554-2963
    Governing Body: County Commission with 3 board size
    Governing Authority: Dillon's Rule

  • Marion County, West Virginia, United States

  •   Population: 
    56,205; Population change: -0.38% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    182 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $37,584
      Households: 
    24,420
      Unemployment rate: 
    8.70% per 25,363 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    6.00%
      Income taxes: 
    6.50%
      GDP: 
    $2.12 B, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Marion County's population of West Virginia of 66,655 residents in 1930 has dropped 0,84-fold to 56,205 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 52.06% female residents and 47.94% male residents live in as of 2020, 57.16% in Marion County, West Virginia are married and the remaining 42.84% are single population.

    As of 2020, 57.16% in Marion County, West Virginia are married and the remaining 42.84% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    26,280 residential units of which 88.37% share occupied residential units.

    25.7 minutes is the average time that residents in Marion County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    83.05% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 9.54% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 0.48% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 2.27% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Marion County, West Virginia 66.94% are owner-occupied homes, another 22.37% are rented apartments, and the remaining 10.69% are vacant.

  • The 41.30% of the population in Marion County, West Virginia who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 48.720%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 49.210%) of those eligible to vote in Marion County, West Virginia.

Skyline of Marion County

In 51 U.S. states are published

3853 Companies
1226 Counties
2376 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

The Gilded Nest

16A N State St, Greenfield, IN 46140

Risco Reusable Industrial Supply Co

1260 N Queen Rd, Walkerton, IN 46574

Southern Guide Fishing Maps

500 Gulf Shore Dr, Destin, FL 32541

Innova Computers

3460 W Walnut St, Garland, TX 75042

Swann Warehouse

111 Poplar St, Murray, KY 42071

Other Companies

Saks OFF 5TH

THIS STORE IS NOW CLOSED, 5001 E Expressway 83, Mercedes, Texas 78570

Fast Stop Store Inc

4901 Meridian St N, Huntsville, AL 35810

Emprimus

4301 MN-7 #140, Minneapolis, MN 55416

Elmo's Quality Hay

325 Juniper Heights Rd, Leamington, UT 84638

L A Markers

2500 E 55th St, Huntington Park, CA 90255

Landscape of West Virginia