Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Jackson County

  •   State: 
    West Virginia
      County: 
    Jackson County
      Zips: 
    25231
    25245
    25264
    25244
    25252
    25241
    25239
    25275
    25262
    25248
    26164
    25271
      Coordinates: 
    38.83446816746148, -81.67479449644159
      Area total: 
    471.63 sq. mi., 1221.51 sq. km, 301842.56 acres
      Area land: 
    464.36 sq. mi., 1202.69 sq. km, 297189.76 acres
      Area water: 
    7.27 sq. mi., 18.83 sq. km, 4652.80 acres
      Established: 
    1831
      Capital seat: 

    Ripley
    Address: PO BOX 800
    County Courthouse
    Ripley, WV 25271-0800
    Governing Body: County Commission with 3 board size
    Governing Authority: Dillon's Rule

  • Jackson County, West Virginia, United States

  •   Population: 
    27,791; Population change: -4.86% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    60 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $40,544
      Households: 
    11,565
      Unemployment rate: 
    8.60% per 12,780 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    6.00%
      Income taxes: 
    6.50%
      GDP: 
    $947.98 M, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Jackson County's population of West Virginia of 16,124 residents in 1930 has increased 1,72-fold to 27,791 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 51.06% female residents and 48.94% male residents live in as of 2020, 64.41% in Jackson County, West Virginia are married and the remaining 35.59% are single population.

    As of 2020, 64.41% in Jackson County, West Virginia are married and the remaining 35.59% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    12,888 residential units of which 89.55% share occupied residential units.

    29.6 minutes is the average time that residents in Jackson County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    80.92% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 12.78% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 0.12% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 2.97% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Jackson County, West Virginia 72.14% are owner-occupied homes, another 18.54% are rented apartments, and the remaining 9.33% are vacant.

  • The 24.82% of the population in Jackson County, West Virginia who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 58.420%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 39.730%) of those eligible to vote in Jackson County, West Virginia.

Skyline of Jackson County

In 51 U.S. states are published

3853 Companies
1226 Counties
2376 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

The Gilded Nest

16A N State St, Greenfield, IN 46140

Risco Reusable Industrial Supply Co

1260 N Queen Rd, Walkerton, IN 46574

Southern Guide Fishing Maps

500 Gulf Shore Dr, Destin, FL 32541

Innova Computers

3460 W Walnut St, Garland, TX 75042

Swann Warehouse

111 Poplar St, Murray, KY 42071

Other Companies

J&K Bullet Casters

2216 N, Pole Rd, Moore, OK 73160

Ringquist Signs Inc

120 Columbia Mountain Dr # 1A, Columbia Falls, MT 59912

Alley's Country Store

1790 Alleghany Spring Rd, Shawsville, VA 24162

GIANT

1189 NM-53, Zuni, NM 87327

Imprint Authority

1270 N Wickham Rd, Melbourne, FL 32935

Landscape of West Virginia