Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Berkeley County

  •   State: 
    West Virginia
      County: 
    Berkeley County
      Zips: 
    25421
    25402
    25420
    25413
    25419
    25427
    25403
    25405
    25428
    25404
    25401
      Coordinates: 
    39.4640668760816, -78.0275427727262
      Area total: 
    321.56 sq. mi., 832.83 sq. km, 205796.48 acres
      Area land: 
    321.15 sq. mi., 831.77 sq. km, 205535.36 acres
      Area water: 
    0.41 sq. mi., 1.06 sq. km, 261.12 acres
      Established: 
    1772
      Capital seat: 

    Martinsburg
    Address: 400 W Stephen St
    Martinsburg, WV 25401-3840
    Governing Body: County Council with 5 board size
    Governing Authority: Dillon's Rule

  • Berkeley County, West Virginia, United States

  •   Population: 
    122,076; Population change: 17.19% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    380.12 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $53,202
      Households: 
    41,038
      Unemployment rate: 
    6.20% per 58,337 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    6.00%
      Income taxes: 
    6.50%
      GDP: 
    $3.24 B, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Berkeley County's population of West Virginia of 28,030 residents in 1930 has increased 4,36-fold to 122,076 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 50.25% female residents and 49.75% male residents live in as of 2020, 60.04% in Berkeley County, West Virginia are married and the remaining 39.96% are single population.

    As of 2020, 60.04% in Berkeley County, West Virginia are married and the remaining 39.96% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    50,868 residential units of which 92.82% share occupied residential units.

    30.2 minutes is the average time that residents in Berkeley County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    81.24% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 13.49% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 0.76% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 1.74% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Berkeley County, West Virginia 68.32% are owner-occupied homes, another 22.01% are rented apartments, and the remaining 9.66% are vacant.

  • The 32.80% of the population in Berkeley County, West Virginia who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 55.890%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 42.890%) of those eligible to vote in Berkeley County, West Virginia.

Skyline of Berkeley County

In 51 U.S. states are published

3853 Companies
1226 Counties
2376 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

The Gilded Nest

16A N State St, Greenfield, IN 46140

Risco Reusable Industrial Supply Co

1260 N Queen Rd, Walkerton, IN 46574

Southern Guide Fishing Maps

500 Gulf Shore Dr, Destin, FL 32541

Innova Computers

3460 W Walnut St, Garland, TX 75042

Swann Warehouse

111 Poplar St, Murray, KY 42071

Other Companies

Studio GIG Design Inc

813 S Glenoaks Blvd B, Burbank, CA 91502

Rockman Interiors

2702 2nd Ave N, Billings, MT 59101

Pro-Tek Products Inc

1755 S Naperville Rd # 100, Wheaton, IL 60189

Emprimus

4301 MN-7 #140, Minneapolis, MN 55416

Broken Horn Outfitters

23852 S Beatie Rd, Oregon City, OR 97045

Landscape of West Virginia