Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

ZIP Code 60543

Zip code area 60543 in Oswego, Kendall County, IL

  •   State: 
    Illinois
      Counties: 
    Kendall County
    ,
    Will County
    ,
    Kane County
      Cities: 
    Oswego
      Counties all: 
    Kendall | Will | Kane
      County FIPS: 
    17093 | 17197 | 17089
      Area total: 
    42.422 sq mi
      Area land: 
    41.947 sq mi
      Area water: 
    0.475 sq mi
      Elevation: 
    feet
  •   Latitude: 
    41,6833
      Longitude: 
    -88,3381
      Dman name cbsa: 
    Chicago-Naperville-Elgin IL-IN-WI
      Timezone: 
    Central Standard Time Zone (CST), UTC-6:00; Central Daylight Time (CDT), UTC-5:00
      Coordinates: 
    41.66526, -88.32321
      GMAP: 

    Illinois 60543, USA

  •   Population: 
    39,625 individuals
      Population density: 
    14,081.7 people per square miles
      Households: 
    1,631
      Unemployment rate: 
    2.7%
      Household income: 
    $105,835 average annual income
      Housing units: 
    14,036 residential housing units
      Health insurance: 
    5.0% of residents who report not having health insurance
      Veterans: 
    0.6% of residents who are veterans

The ZIP 60543 is a Midwest ZIP code and located in the preferred city/town Oswego, Kendall County, Illinois with a population estimated today at about 42.493 peoples. The preferred city may be different from the city where the zip code 60543 is located. Oswego is usually the name of the main post office. When sending a package or mail, always indicate your preferred or accepted cities. Using any city from the list of invalid cities may result in delays.

  • Living in the postal code area 60543 of Oswego, Kendall County, Illinois 48.4% of population who are male and 51.6% who are female.

    The median age for all people, for males & for females based on 2020 Census data. Median is the middle value, when all possible values are listed in order. Median is not the same as Average (or Mean).

  • Household income staggered according to certain income ranges.

    The median commute time of resident workers require for a one-way commute to work in minutes.

    The distribution of different age groups in the population of the zip code area of Oswego, Kendall County 60543.

    The percentage distribution of the population by race.

    Estimated residential value of individual residential buildings as a percentage.

    The age of the building does not always say something about the structural condition of the residential buildings.

    The percentage of education level of the population.

Kendall County

  •   State: 
    Illinois
      County: 
    Kendall County
      Zips: 
    60536
    60512
    60541
    60545
    60538
    60560
    60543
      Coordinates: 
    41.59057752927978, -88.42878866170932
      Area total: 
    322.22 sq. mi., 834.55 sq. km, 206221.44 acres
      Area land: 
    320.24 sq. mi., 829.41 sq. km, 204952.32 acres
      Area water: 
    1.98 sq. mi., 5.14 sq. km, 1269.12 acres
      Established: 
    1841
      Capital seat: 

    Yorkville
    Address: 111 W Fox Rd
    County Office Building
    Yorkville, IL 60560-1621
    Governing Body: Board of Commissioners with 10 board size
    Governing Authority: Dillon's Rule

  • Kendall County, Illinois, United States

  •   Population: 
    131,869; Population change: 14.93% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    412 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $75,245
      Households: 
    20,431
      Unemployment rate: 
    8.40% per 66,386 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    7.25%
      Income taxes: 
    3.00%
      GDP: 
    $3.01 B, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Kendall County's population of Illinois of 51,336 residents in 1930 has dropped 0,97-fold to 49,967 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 49.96% female residents and 50.04% male residents live in as of 2020, 57.92% in Kendall County, Illinois are married and the remaining 42.08% are single population.

    As of 2020, 57.92% in Kendall County, Illinois are married and the remaining 42.08% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    45,008 residential units of which 96.73% share occupied residential units.

    33.1 minutes is the average time that residents in Kendall County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    82.55% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 8.52% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 2.25% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 5.06% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Kendall County, Illinois 83.49% are owner-occupied homes, another 14.66% are rented apartments, and the remaining 1.84% are vacant.

  • The 42.51% of the population in Kendall County, Illinois who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 45.850%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 53.060%) of those eligible to vote in Kendall County, Illinois.

Will County

  •   State: 
    Illinois
      County: 
    Will County
      Zips: 
    60434
    60481
    60435
    60431
    60404
    60491
    60421
    60503
    60408
    60436
    60484
    60442
    60468
    60401
    60475
    60449
    60481
    60490
    60433
    60410
    60417
    60436
    60586
    60431
    60404
    60491
    60403
    60585
    60432
    60544
    60441
    60446
    60451
    60564
    60423
    60448
    60440
    60435
      Coordinates: 
    41.445050619994724, -87.97864631428965
      Area total: 
    849.22 sq. mi., 2199.48 sq. km, 543502.72 acres
      Area land: 
    835.87 sq. mi., 2164.90 sq. km, 534957.44 acres
      Area water: 
    13.35 sq. mi., 34.58 sq. km, 8545.28 acres
      Established: 
    1836
      Capital seat: 

    Joliet
    Address: 302 N Chicago St
    Joliet, IL 60432-4078
    Governing Body: Board of Commissioners with 26 board size
    Governing Authority: Dillon's Rule

  • Will County, Illinois, United States

  •   Population: 
    696,355; Population change: 2.77% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    833 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $72,704
      Households: 
    27,489
      Unemployment rate: 
    9.50% per 344,335 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    7.75%
      Income taxes: 
    3.00%
      GDP: 
    $30.14 B, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Will County's population of Illinois of 53,880 residents in 1930 has increased 1,25-fold to 67,153 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 51.16% female residents and 48.84% male residents live in as of 2020, 60.79% in Will County, Illinois are married and the remaining 39.21% are single population.

    As of 2020, 60.79% in Will County, Illinois are married and the remaining 39.21% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    250,678 residential units of which 95.74% share occupied residential units.

    35.1 minutes is the average time that residents in Will County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    83.38% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 8.05% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 4.12% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 3.07% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Will County, Illinois 81.74% are owner-occupied homes, another 14.99% are rented apartments, and the remaining 3.27% are vacant.

  • The 52.41% of the population in Will County, Illinois who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 42.800%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 56.000%) of those eligible to vote in Will County, Illinois.

Kane County

  •   State: 
    Illinois
      County: 
    Kane County
      Zips: 
    60122
    60507
    60121
    60539
    60174
    60147
    60109
    60144
    60183
    60140
    60175
    60118
    60511
    60118
    60151
    60136
    60140
    60554
    60119
    60118
    60118
    60542
    60110
    60175
    60124
    60177
    60505
    60120
    60510
    60506
    60134
    60174
    60123
      Coordinates: 
    41.93885576328898, -88.42863811579028
      Area total: 
    524.18 sq. mi., 1357.62 sq. km, 335476.48 acres
      Area land: 
    519.36 sq. mi., 1345.14 sq. km, 332390.40 acres
      Area water: 
    4.82 sq. mi., 12.49 sq. km, 3086.08 acres
      Established: 
    1836
      Capital seat: 

    Geneva
    Address: 719 S Batavia Ave
    County Government Center
    Geneva, IL 60134-3077
    Governing Body: Board of Commissioners with 25 board size
    Governing Authority: Dillon's Rule

  • Kane County, Illinois, United States

  •   Population: 
    516,522; Population change: 0.24% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    995 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $68,093
      Households: 
    41,712
      Unemployment rate: 
    9.10% per 261,649 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    7.75%
      Income taxes: 
    3.00%
      GDP: 
    $23.47 B, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Kane County's population of Illinois of 50,095 residents in 1930 has increased 2,15-fold to 107,502 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 51.06% female residents and 48.94% male residents live in as of 2020, 57.27% in Kane County, Illinois are married and the remaining 42.73% are single population.

    As of 2020, 57.27% in Kane County, Illinois are married and the remaining 42.73% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    188,510 residential units of which 95.68% share occupied residential units.

    30.3 minutes is the average time that residents in Kane County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    80.31% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 10.89% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 2.74% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 3.63% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Kane County, Illinois 74.35% are owner-occupied homes, another 21.51% are rented apartments, and the remaining 4.13% are vacant.

  • The 54.47% of the population in Kane County, Illinois who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 43.440%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 55.230%) of those eligible to vote in Kane County, Illinois.

Oswego

  •   State: 
    Illinois
      County: 
    Kendall County
      City: 
    Oswego
      County all: 
    Kendall | Will | Kane
      County FIPS: 
    17093 | 17197 | 17089
      Coordinates: 
    41°41′10″N 88°20′30″W
      Area total: 
    15.03 sq mi (38.93 km²)
      Area land: 
    14.89 sq mi (38.56 km²)
      Area water: 
    0.14 sq mi (0.38 km²)
      Elevation: 
    659 ft (201 m)
      Established: 
    1833; Settled 1833; Incorporated 1852
  •   Latitude: 
    41,6833
      Longitude: 
    -88,3381
      Dman name cbsa: 
    Chicago-Naperville-Elgin, IL-IN-WI
      Timezone: 
    Eastern Standard Time (EST) UTC-5:00; Eastern Daylight Time (EDT) UTC-4:00
      ZIP codes: 
    60543
      GMAP: 

    Oswego, Kendall County, Illinois, United States

  •   Population: 
    34,585
      Population density: 
    2,323.01 residents per square mile of area (896.93/km²)
      Household income: 
    $82,272
      Households: 
    17,719
      Unemployment rate: 
    10.80%
  •   Sales taxes: 
    7.25%
      Income taxes: 
    3.00%

Oswego is a village in Kendall and Will Counties, Illinois, United States. Per the 2020 census, the population was 34,485. In 2008, the village celebrated its 175th anniversary. It is known to some Chicago-area residents for the town dragstrip on State Route 34, which was open from 1955 until 1979. The drag days are still celebrated even though the strip has been closed for decades. Oswego area is home to over 1,100 acres (450 ha) of open land, trails, and parks maintained by the Oswegoland Park District. Overseeing 16 miles (26 km) of walking trails, two aquatic parks, the park district provides offerings for the community of 20,000 households as well as visitors from farther away. Several area fitness enthusiasts are coordinated by the area park district, such as the annual PrairieFest district, which holds several races. The village is located in northeastern Kendall County on the Fox River with a small portion in Will County. The rapid growth of the village allowed its limits to expand west of the Fox river into today's boundaries. The next major development arrived in the mid-1980s during the suburban homebuilding boom, which allowed houses and buildings to populate the village. In the 2010 census, there were 36,025 people living in the village, with 11,215 families living in village. The population was 2,215 people, with the density of the population in village was 2.215 people per square mile.

History

In 1833, William Smith Wilson, his wife Rebecca, and his brother-in-law Daniel Pearce moved to the area now known as Oswego. The land belonged to the local Potawatomi, Ottawa, and Chippewa tribes, but the U.S. government removed the Native Americans when the government started surveying the land along the Fox River in Kendall County. In 1837, the citizens gathered and voted "Oswego" as the permanent name of the village by a single vote. The town is known to some Chicago-area residents for the town dragstrip on State Route 34, which was open from 1955 until 1979. The drag days are still celebrated even though the strip has been closed for decades. Although evidence of the drag strip, including parts of the track, still remain, the site is off limits to the public. In the mid-1950s, Caterpillar Inc. and Western Electric built industrial plants near Osweago. This initially allowed nearby Boulder Hill to develop. The next major development arrived in the mid to late 1980s during the suburban homebuilding boom, which allowed houses and buildings to populate the village. The rapid growth of the area allowed its limits to expand west of the Fox river into today's boundaries. The city was incorporated in 1852 with its village boundaries at the time being Harrison Street, Jefferson Street, Monroe Street, and Benton Street. The current boundaries are Harrison Street to the northwest, Jefferson Streets to the northeast, Monroe St to the southeast.

Geography

Oswego is located in northeastern Kendall County on the Fox River with a small portion in Will County. It is bordered to the north by Boulder Hill and Montgomery, to the east by Aurora, and to the west by Yorkville, the Kendall county seat. According to the 2010 census, the village of Oswego has a total area of 15.63 square miles (40.5 km²) (or 99.36%) of which is land and 0.11 sq miles (0.28 km²), or 0.70%) is water. The Oswegoland Park District maintains 63 parks, 16 miles (26 km) of walking trails, two aquatic parks, and the Little White School Museum. Several area festivals are coordinated by the park district, such as the annual PrairieFest. The village celebrated its 175th anniversary in 2008. It has a population of 20,000 households and is home to over 1,100 acres (450 ha) of open land, trails, and parks maintained by the OsweGoland Park district. The park district provides offerings for the community of 20, 000 households as well as visitors from farther away. The area holds several races for fitness enthusiasts. It also hosts several area festivals, including PrairieFest, which is held every year in the summer. The town has a reputation for being a great place to hang out with friends and family. The city has a history of being active in the community, especially in the arts and sports.

Demographics

As of the census of 2019, there were 36,252 people, 11,215 families living in the village. The population density was 2,025/mi2 (782/km²) The racial makeup of the village was 82.0% White, 5.6% African American, 0.24% Native American, 4.79% Asian, 3.03% Pacific Islander, and 2. 24% from two or more races. 17.1% of the population were Hispanic or Latino of any race. As of the 2019 census, the median income for a household in theVillage was $117,624, and the median incomes for a family was $102,110. 1.49% of those under the age of 18 and 1.56% ofThose 65 and older were living below the poverty line. The median age was 33.9 years. The average household size was 3.08 and the average family size was3.43. The per capita income for the village is $37,839. The U.S. Census treats Hispanic/Latino as an ethnic category. This table excludes Latinos from the racial categories and assigns them to a separate category. Hispanics/Latinos can be of anyrace. The village is located in the state of New Hampshire. It is located on the New Hampshire Turnpike, which is a main route between New Hampshire and New York. It has a population of 36,251, with 10,388 housing units at an urban density of 668.9/ mi2 (258.3/ km²).

Education

Oswego Community Unit School District 308 serves Oswego, Boulder Hill, Montgomery, Plainfield, Aurora, Yorkville and Joliet. It operates 22 schools, including one early learning center, 14 elementary schools for grades K-5, 5 junior high schools forgrades 6-8, 2 high schools, and one opportunity school. The district also operates Yorkville High School, which is part of the Yorkville School District 115. The school district's website is www.oswego-schools.org.

Awards and recognition

Oswego was ranked #58 in 2011 on CNN/Money Magazines Top 100 Best Towns to live. Kendall County has continuously been ranked as one of the fastest-growing counties and a place of rapid job growth. The town of Oswego is located in Kendall County, New York. It is located on the New York-Pennsylvania border. It was ranked No. 58 on CNN Money's list of the best towns in the U.S. to live in 2011.

Air Quality, Water Quality, Superfund Sites & UV Index

The Air Quality index is in Oswego, Kendall County, Illinois = 83. These Air Quality index is based on annual reports from the EPA. Higher values are better (100=best). The number of ozone alert days is used as an indicator of air quality, as are the amounts of seven pollutants including particulates, carbon monoxide, sulfur dioxide, lead, and volatile organic chemicals. The Water Quality Index is 33. A measure of the quality of an area’s water supply as rated by the EPA. Higher values are better (100=best). The EPA has a complex method of measuring the watershed quality, using 15 indicators such as pollutants, turbidity, sediments, and toxic discharges. The Superfund Sites Index is 100. Higher is better (100=best). Based upon the number and impact of EPA Superfund pollution sites in the county, including spending on the cleanup efforts. The UV Index in Oswego = 3.4 and is a measure of an area's exposure to the sun's ultraviolet rays. This is most often a combination of sunny weather, altitude, and latitude. The UV Index has been defined by the WHO (www.who.int/news-room/questions-and-answers/item/radiation-the-ultraviolet-(uv)-index) and is uniform worldwide.

Employed

The most recent city population of 34,585 individuals with a median age of 31.1 age the population grows by 82.31% in Oswego, Kendall County, Illinois population since 2000 and are distributed over a density of 2,323.01 residents per square mile of area (896.93/km²). There are average 2.92 people per household in the 17,719 households with an average household income of $82,272 a year. The unemployment rate in Alabama is 10.80% of the available work force and has dropped -4.37% over the most recent 12-month period and the projected change in job supply over the next decade based on migration patterns, economic growth, and other factors will increase by 20.46%. The number of physicians in Oswego per 100,000 population = 57.4.

Weather

The annual rainfall in Oswego = 35.3 inches and the annual snowfall = 29.2 inches. The annual number of days with measurable precipitation (over .01 inch) = 106. The average number of days per year that are predominantly sunny = 189. 85 degrees Fahrenheit is the average daily high temperature for the month of July and 13.4 degrees Fahrenheit is the average daily low temperature for the month of January. The Comfort Index (higher=better) is 45, where higher values mean a more pleasant climate. The Comfort Index measure recognizes that humidity by itself isn't the problem. (Have you noticed nobody ever complains about the weather being 'cold and humid?) It's in the summertime that we notice the humidity the most, when it's hot and muggy. Our Comfort Index uses a combination of afternoon summer temperature and humidity to closely predict the effect that the humidity will have on people.

Median Home Cost

The percentage of housing units in Oswego, Kendall County, Illinois which are owned by the occupant = 85.58%. A housing unit is a house, apartment, mobile home, or room occupied as separate living quarters. The average age of homes = 9 years with median home cost = $86,530 and home appreciation of -5.61%. This is the value of the years most recent home sales data. Its important to note that this is not the average (or arithmetic mean). The median home price is the middle value when you arrange all the sales prices of homes from lowest to highest. This is a better indicator than the average, because the median is not changed as much by a few unusually high or low values. The property tax rate of $20.44 shown here is the rate per $1,000 of home value. If for simplification for example the tax rate is $14.00 and the home value is $250,000, the property tax would be $14.00 x ($250,000/1000), or $3500. This is the 'effective' tax rate.

Study

The local school district spends $4,073 per student. There are 15.4 students for each teacher in the school, 1036 students for each Librarian and 1041 students for each Counselor. 8.62% of the area’s population over the age of 25 with an Associate Degree or other 2-year college degree, 22.43% with a master’s degree, Ph.D. or other advanced college degree and 9.02% with high school diplomas or high school equivalency degrees (GEDs).

  • Oswego's population in Kendall County, Illinois of 1,180 residents in 1900 has increased 29,31-fold to 34,585 residents after 120 years, according to the official 2020 census.

    Approximately 50.24% female residents and 49.76% male residents live in Oswego, Kendall County, Illinois.

    As of 2020 in Oswego, Kendall County, Illinois are married and the remaining 32.31% are single population.

  • 34.1 minutes is the average time that residents in Oswego require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    81.65% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 8.87% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 3.66% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 4.78% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Oswego, Kendall County, Illinois, 85.58% are owner-occupied homes, another 12.36% are rented apartments, and the remaining 2.06% are vacant.

  • The 42.51% of the population in Oswego, Kendall County, Illinois who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

In 51 U.S. states are published

3853 Companies
1226 Counties
2376 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

The Gilded Nest

16A N State St, Greenfield, IN 46140

Risco Reusable Industrial Supply Co

1260 N Queen Rd, Walkerton, IN 46574

Southern Guide Fishing Maps

500 Gulf Shore Dr, Destin, FL 32541

Innova Computers

3460 W Walnut St, Garland, TX 75042

Swann Warehouse

111 Poplar St, Murray, KY 42071

Other Companies

LiqueColor Inc

2108 Research Park Blvd, Norman, OK 73069

Emart Rivet Tool

203 Commerce Ct, Hopkinsville, KY 42240

Mayberry & Son LLC

4044 Co Rd V, Egg Harbor, WI 54209

High Country Honey

250 N 8th St, Lakeside, OR 97449

LeafyWell

4350 Oakes Rd, Davie, FL 33314