Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Lexington County

  •   State: 
    South Carolina
      County: 
    Lexington County
      Zips: 
    29211
    29171
    29071
    29006
    29070
    29123
    29160
    29054
    29070
    29172
    29053
    29006
    29170
    29033
    29036
    29073
    29212
    29169
    29072
      Coordinates: 
    33.90228908721278, -81.2721821300263
      Area total: 
    757.64 sq. mi., 1962.27 sq. km, 484888.32 acres
      Area land: 
    698.99 sq. mi., 1810.38 sq. km, 447354.88 acres
      Area water: 
    58.65 sq. mi., 151.89 sq. km, 37533.44 acres
      Established: 
    1804
      Capital seat: 

    Lexington
    Address: 212 S Lake Dr
    County Courthouse
    Lexington, SC 29072-3410
    Governing Body: County Council with 9 board size
    Governing Authority: Home Rule

  • Lexington County, South Carolina, United States

  •   Population: 
    293,991; Population change: 12.04% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    421 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $51,333
      Households: 
    99,034
      Unemployment rate: 
    4.40% per 150,439 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    7.00%
      Income taxes: 
    7.00%
      GDP: 
    $11.70 B, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Lexington County's population of South Carolina of 36,280 residents in 1930 has increased 8,1-fold to 293,991 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 51.28% female residents and 48.72% male residents live in as of 2020, 62.89% in Lexington County, South Carolina are married and the remaining 37.11% are single population.

    As of 2020, 62.89% in Lexington County, South Carolina are married and the remaining 37.11% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    127,887 residential units of which 91.27% share occupied residential units.

    27.9 minutes is the average time that residents in Lexington County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    83.05% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 11.52% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 0.30% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 2.80% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Lexington County, South Carolina 71.53% are owner-occupied homes, another 20.25% are rented apartments, and the remaining 8.22% are vacant.

  • The 47.99% of the population in Lexington County, South Carolina who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 68.450%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 30.410%) of those eligible to vote in Lexington County, South Carolina.

Skyline of Lexington County

In 51 U.S. states are published

3853 Companies
1226 Counties
2376 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

The Gilded Nest

16A N State St, Greenfield, IN 46140

Risco Reusable Industrial Supply Co

1260 N Queen Rd, Walkerton, IN 46574

Southern Guide Fishing Maps

500 Gulf Shore Dr, Destin, FL 32541

Innova Computers

3460 W Walnut St, Garland, TX 75042

Swann Warehouse

111 Poplar St, Murray, KY 42071

Other Companies

J Edgar Sports

898 Cypress Point Way, Lexington, KY 40509

Fish Oven & Equipment Co

120 Kent Ave, Wauconda, IL 60084

ECOKLEAN WATER SYSTEMS

2132 Central Florida Pkwy, Orlando, FL 32837

Bijoux Terner

Rio, 3700 W Flamingo Rd, Las Vegas, NV 89103

Khalid Hakimi Accessories

10000 Coors Bypass NW, Albuquerque, New Mexico 87114

Landscape of South Carolina