Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Horry County

  •   State: 
    South Carolina
    Horry County
    33.9045252402861, -78.97615836457992
      Area total: 
    1254.40 sq. mi., 3248.88 sq. km, 802816.64 acres
      Area land: 
    1133.00 sq. mi., 2934.45 sq. km, 725119.36 acres
      Area water: 
    121.40 sq. mi., 314.43 sq. km, 77697.28 acres
      Capital seat: 

    Address: 1301 2Nd Ave
    Government & Justice Center
    Conway, SC 29526-5209
    Governing Body: County Council with 12 board size
    Governing Authority: Home Rule

  • Horry County, South Carolina, United States

  •   Population: 
    351,029; Population change: 30.35% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    310 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
      Unemployment rate: 
    8.60% per 147,697 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
      Income taxes: 
    $11.75 B, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Horry County's population of South Carolina of 39,376 residents in 1930 has increased 8,91-fold to 351,029 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 50.88% female residents and 49.12% male residents live in as of 2020, 59.05% in Horry County, South Carolina are married and the remaining 40.95% are single population.

    As of 2020, 59.05% in Horry County, South Carolina are married and the remaining 40.95% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    203,702 residential units of which 73.75% share occupied residential units.

    25.4 minutes is the average time that residents in Horry County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    79.34% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 14.41% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 0.53% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 2.71% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Horry County, South Carolina 47.66% are owner-occupied homes, another 17.56% are rented apartments, and the remaining 34.78% are vacant.

  • The 40.75% of the population in Horry County, South Carolina who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 61.650%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 37.100%) of those eligible to vote in Horry County, South Carolina.

Skyline of Horry County

In 51 U.S. states are published

3853 Companies
1226 Counties
2376 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

The Gilded Nest

16A N State St, Greenfield, IN 46140

Risco Reusable Industrial Supply Co

1260 N Queen Rd, Walkerton, IN 46574

Southern Guide Fishing Maps

500 Gulf Shore Dr, Destin, FL 32541

Innova Computers

3460 W Walnut St, Garland, TX 75042

Swann Warehouse

111 Poplar St, Murray, KY 42071

Other Companies

Delange Seed Inc

610 N Washington Ave, Sedgwick, KS 67135

Carlos Tactical Outfit

3117 Lake Worth Rd, Lake Worth, FL 33461

Planet Sweet Pea

9635 SW Saddle Dr, Beaverton, OR 97008

Direct Source Trading

100 Charlotte Ave, Hicksville, NY 11801

GCQ Consultants

8280 N Kendall Dr, Miami, FL 33156

Landscape of South Carolina