Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Georgetown County

  •   State: 
    South Carolina
      County: 
    Georgetown County
      Zips: 
    29442
    29510
    29585
    29440
      Coordinates: 
    33.41277516227438, -79.29927369487964
      Area total: 
    1035.16 sq. mi., 2681.05 sq. km, 662501.12 acres
      Area land: 
    813.89 sq. mi., 2107.98 sq. km, 520892.16 acres
      Area water: 
    221.26 sq. mi., 573.07 sq. km, 141608.96 acres
      Established: 
    1769
      Capital seat: 

    Georgetown
    Address: PO BOX 421270
    County Courthouse
    Georgetown, SC 29442-4200
    Governing Body: County Council with 7 board size
    Governing Authority: Home Rule

  • Georgetown County, South Carolina, United States

  •   Population: 
    63,404; Population change: 5.40% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    78 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $45,887
      Households: 
    25,359
      Unemployment rate: 
    7.50% per 26,175 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    6.00%
      Income taxes: 
    7.00%
      GDP: 
    $2.32 B, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Georgetown County's population of South Carolina of 21,738 residents in 1930 has increased 2,92-fold to 63,404 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 51.87% female residents and 48.13% male residents live in as of 2020, 60.55% in Georgetown County, South Carolina are married and the remaining 39.45% are single population.

    As of 2020, 60.55% in Georgetown County, South Carolina are married and the remaining 39.45% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    35,916 residential units of which 75.82% share occupied residential units.

    27.6 minutes is the average time that residents in Georgetown County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    76.69% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 16.30% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 1.36% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 2.26% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Georgetown County, South Carolina 61.87% are owner-occupied homes, another 13.48% are rented apartments, and the remaining 24.65% are vacant.

  • The 42.71% of the population in Georgetown County, South Carolina who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 52.130%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 46.880%) of those eligible to vote in Georgetown County, South Carolina.

Skyline of Georgetown County

In 51 U.S. states are published

3853 Companies
1226 Counties
2376 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

The Gilded Nest

16A N State St, Greenfield, IN 46140

Risco Reusable Industrial Supply Co

1260 N Queen Rd, Walkerton, IN 46574

Southern Guide Fishing Maps

500 Gulf Shore Dr, Destin, FL 32541

Innova Computers

3460 W Walnut St, Garland, TX 75042

Swann Warehouse

111 Poplar St, Murray, KY 42071

Other Companies

Fincantieri Marinette Marine

55 M St SE, Washington, DC 20003

Shop

1342 State Hwy U, Bolivar, MO 65613

Escobar Store

129 Grant St, Carthage, MO 64836

Traverse Reproduction & Supply

1373 Barlow St, Traverse City, MI 49686

Modell's Sporting Goods

5142 Avenue U, Brooklyn, NY 11234

Landscape of South Carolina