Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Colleton County

  •   State: 
    South Carolina
      County: 
    Colleton County
      Zips: 
    29433
    29493
    29452
    29082
    29446
    29481
    29929
    29474
    29475
    29435
    29488
      Coordinates: 
    32.84342627363357, -80.64968431220552
      Area total: 
    1133.29 sq. mi., 2935.20 sq. km, 725302.40 acres
      Area land: 
    1056.48 sq. mi., 2736.27 sq. km, 676147.20 acres
      Area water: 
    76.81 sq. mi., 198.93 sq. km, 49155.20 acres
      Established: 
    1798
      Capital seat: 

    Walterboro
    Address: PO BOX 157
    County Courthouse
    Walterboro, SC 29488-0002
    Governing Body: Board of Commissioners with 5 board size
    Governing Authority: Home Rule

  • Colleton County, South Carolina, United States

  •   Population: 
    38,604; Population change: -0.74% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    37 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $36,798
      Households: 
    15,423
      Unemployment rate: 
    6.10% per 16,732 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    7.00%
      Income taxes: 
    7.00%
      GDP: 
    $915.61 M, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Colleton County's population of South Carolina of 25,945 residents in 1930 has increased 1,49-fold to 38,604 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 52.02% female residents and 47.98% male residents live in as of 2020, 58.63% in Colleton County, South Carolina are married and the remaining 41.37% are single population.

    As of 2020, 58.63% in Colleton County, South Carolina are married and the remaining 41.37% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    19,824 residential units of which 79.74% share occupied residential units.

    33.7 minutes is the average time that residents in Colleton County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    72.57% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 21.24% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 1.36% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 1.98% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Colleton County, South Carolina 64.60% are owner-occupied homes, another 15.66% are rented apartments, and the remaining 19.74% are vacant.

  • The 44.20% of the population in Colleton County, South Carolina who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 49.220%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 49.740%) of those eligible to vote in Colleton County, South Carolina.

Skyline of Colleton County

In 51 U.S. states are published

3853 Companies
1226 Counties
2376 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

The Gilded Nest

16A N State St, Greenfield, IN 46140

Risco Reusable Industrial Supply Co

1260 N Queen Rd, Walkerton, IN 46574

Southern Guide Fishing Maps

500 Gulf Shore Dr, Destin, FL 32541

Innova Computers

3460 W Walnut St, Garland, TX 75042

Swann Warehouse

111 Poplar St, Murray, KY 42071

Other Companies

Her Sanctuary

1438 Hertel Ave, Buffalo, NY 14216

Isla House + Flower

919 E Pine St, Seattle, WA 98122

Bryant Co

Huntsville, TX 77320

Bargain Bin

13400 Bundysburg Rd, Middlefield, OH 44062

Ray's Frame Shop

53 Poquonock Ave, Windsor, CT 06095

Landscape of South Carolina