Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Philadelphia County

  •   State: 
    Pennsylvania
      County: 
    Philadelphia County
      Zips: 
    19101
    19105
    19160
    19176
    19181
    19192
    19108
    19112
    19109
    19110
    19126
    19129
    19137
    19150
    19127
    19138
    19153
    19142
    19151
    19133
    19121
    19122
    19119
    19154
    19118
    19132
    19128
    19152
    19135
    19149
    19114
    19141
    19136
    19116
    19131
    19115
    19139
    19125
    19143
    19130
    19120
    19146
    19145
    19123
    19144
    19111
    19148
    19124
    19134
    19140
    19147
    19106
    19102
    19104
    19107
    19103
      Coordinates: 
    40.00763607152962, -75.13394488611844
      Area total: 
    142.70 sq. mi., 369.59 sq. km, 91326.72 acres
      Area land: 
    134.28 sq. mi., 347.78 sq. km, 85938.56 acres
      Area water: 
    8.42 sq. mi., 21.81 sq. km, 5388.16 acres
      Established: 
    1682
      Capital seat: 

    Philadelphia
    Address: 1 Penn Square East
    City Hall
    Philadelphia, PA 19107-2724
    Governing Body: City Council with 17 board size
    Governing Authority: Home Rule

  • Philadelphia County, Pennsylvania, United States

  •   Population: 
    1,603,797; Population change: 5.10% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    11,937 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $36,699
      Households: 
    563,667
      Unemployment rate: 
    12.40% per 723,938 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    7.00%
      Income taxes: 
    7.33%
      GDP: 
    $109.24 B, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Philadelphia County's population of Pennsylvania of 1,950,961 residents in 1930 has dropped 0,82-fold to 1,603,797 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 53.10% female residents and 46.90% male residents live in as of 2020, 41.54% in Philadelphia County, Pennsylvania are married and the remaining 58.46% are single population.

    As of 2020, 41.54% in Philadelphia County, Pennsylvania are married and the remaining 58.46% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    726,797 residential units of which 90.54% share occupied residential units.

    34 minutes is the average time that residents in Philadelphia County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    49.22% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 12.82% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 25.44% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 1.93% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Philadelphia County, Pennsylvania 51.35% are owner-occupied homes, another 35.75% are rented apartments, and the remaining 12.90% are vacant.

  • The 50.82% of the population in Philadelphia County, Pennsylvania who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 16.330%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 83.010%) of those eligible to vote in Philadelphia County, Pennsylvania.

Skyline of Philadelphia County

In 51 U.S. states are published

3853 Companies
1226 Counties
2376 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

The Gilded Nest

16A N State St, Greenfield, IN 46140

Risco Reusable Industrial Supply Co

1260 N Queen Rd, Walkerton, IN 46574

Southern Guide Fishing Maps

500 Gulf Shore Dr, Destin, FL 32541

Innova Computers

3460 W Walnut St, Garland, TX 75042

Swann Warehouse

111 Poplar St, Murray, KY 42071

Other Companies

Heritage Developmental Care

13538 Cabrera Ln, Houston, TX 77083

Amoskeag maintenance Services LLC

4 Robinson Rd, Bow, NH 03304

Pure Bliss Living

302 Gilman Rd, Pawleys Island, SC 29585

Al's Sign Services

130 S Dalton St, Slocomb, AL 36375

Sharp Business Systems

1400 Browning Rd # 175, Columbia, SC 29210

Landscape of Pennsylvania