Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Deschutes County

  •   State: 
    Oregon
      County: 
    Deschutes County
      Zips: 
    97712
    97709
    97703
    97708
    97707
    97707
    97739
    97759
    97703
    97756
    97702
    97701
      Coordinates: 
    43.915009621584844, -121.22814174011788
      Area total: 
    3054.19 sq. mi., 7910.30 sq. km, 1954678.40 acres
      Area land: 
    3017.62 sq. mi., 7815.59 sq. km, 1931274.88 acres
      Area water: 
    36.57 sq. mi., 94.71 sq. km, 23403.52 acres
      Established: 
    1916
      Capital seat: 

    Bend
    Address: 1300 NW Wall Street, 2nd Floor
    County Courthouse
    Bend, OR 97701-1960
    Governing Body: Board of Commissioners with 3 board size
    Governing Authority: Dillon's Rule

  • Deschutes County, Oregon, United States

  •   Population: 
    198,253; Population change: 25.69% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    66 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $55,593
      Households: 
    66,588
      Unemployment rate: 
    7.90% per 97,975 county labor force
  •   Income taxes: 
    9.00%
      GDP: 
    $8.67 B, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Deschutes County's population of Oregon of 14,749 residents in 1930 has increased 13,44-fold to 198,253 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 50.58% female residents and 49.42% male residents live in as of 2020, 63.55% in Deschutes County, Oregon are married and the remaining 36.45% are single population.

    As of 2020, 63.55% in Deschutes County, Oregon are married and the remaining 36.45% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    94,110 residential units of which 85.24% share occupied residential units.

    20.1 minutes is the average time that residents in Deschutes County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    75.68% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 12.80% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 0.78% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 6.60% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Deschutes County, Oregon 60.00% are owner-occupied homes, another 22.87% are rented apartments, and the remaining 17.14% are vacant.

  • The 25.89% of the population in Deschutes County, Oregon who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 48.960%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 48.660%) of those eligible to vote in Deschutes County, Oregon.

Skyline of Deschutes County

In 51 U.S. states are published

3853 Companies
1226 Counties
2376 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

The Gilded Nest

16A N State St, Greenfield, IN 46140

Risco Reusable Industrial Supply Co

1260 N Queen Rd, Walkerton, IN 46574

Southern Guide Fishing Maps

500 Gulf Shore Dr, Destin, FL 32541

Innova Computers

3460 W Walnut St, Garland, TX 75042

Swann Warehouse

111 Poplar St, Murray, KY 42071

Other Companies

Shree International

631 NW Buck Hendry Way, Stuart, FL 34994

Wise Garden Center

2399 Northside Dr E, Statesboro, GA 30458

Generator Store

New Lebanon, NY 12125

Boston Store

120 W Main St, Fabens, Texas 79838

TSZ Scientific LLC

185 Wilson St, Framingham, MA 01702

Landscape of Oregon