Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Nassau County

  •   State: 
    New York
      County: 
    Nassau County
      Zips: 
    11027
    11853
    11599
    11773
    11599
    11022
    11002
    11548
    11571
    11050
    11802
    11040
    11582
    11530
    11020
    11001
    11561
    11765
    11549
    11596
    11024
    11547
    11550
    11530
    11735
    11040
    11561
    11001
    11042
    11566
    11021
    11509
    11569
    11020
    11042
    11568
    11758
    11804
    11024
    11040
    11709
    11732
    11556
    11040
    11565
    11575
    11579
    11507
    11548
    11518
    11710
    11023
    11558
    11560
    11096
    11559
    11596
    11545
    11762
    11598
    11783
    11514
    11771
    11557
    11577
    11576
    11553
    11581
    11516
    11797
    11010
    11714
    11001
    11552
    11561
    11003
    11710
    11793
    11756
    11042
    11510
    11753
    11566
    11572
    11554
    11563
    11542
    11030
    11040
    11580
    11791
    11050
    11758
    11520
    11550
    11803
    11570
    11590
    11501
    11801
    11735
    11021
    11530
      Coordinates: 
    40.73214585362227, -73.58558546783067
      Area total: 
    453.47 sq. mi., 1174.47 sq. km, 290218.24 acres
      Area land: 
    284.63 sq. mi., 737.20 sq. km, 182165.12 acres
      Area water: 
    168.83 sq. mi., 437.28 sq. km, 108053.12 acres
      Established: 
    1899
      Capital seat: 

    Mineola
    Address: 1 West St
    County Courthouse
    Mineola, NY 11501-4813
    Governing Body: County Legislature with 19 board size
    Governing Authority: Home Rule

  • Nassau County, New York, United States

  •   Population: 
    1,395,774; Population change: 4.20% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    4,905 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $91,222
      Households: 
    432,638
      Unemployment rate: 
    8.40% per 698,942 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    8.63%
      Income taxes: 
    6.85%
      GDP: 
    $84.58 B, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Nassau County's population of New York of 303,053 residents in 1930 has increased 4,61-fold to 1,395,774 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 51.39% female residents and 48.61% male residents live in as of 2020, 61.46% in Nassau County, New York are married and the remaining 38.54% are single population.

    As of 2020, 61.46% in Nassau County, New York are married and the remaining 38.54% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    476,732 residential units of which 95.54% share occupied residential units.

    37 minutes is the average time that residents in Nassau County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    69.40% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 8.55% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 15.75% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 3.00% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Nassau County, New York 76.64% are owner-occupied homes, another 18.67% are rented apartments, and the remaining 4.69% are vacant.

  • The 73.14% of the population in Nassau County, New York who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 45.440%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 53.830%) of those eligible to vote in Nassau County, New York.

Skyline of Nassau County

In 51 U.S. states are published

3853 Companies
1226 Counties
2376 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

The Gilded Nest

16A N State St, Greenfield, IN 46140

Risco Reusable Industrial Supply Co

1260 N Queen Rd, Walkerton, IN 46574

Southern Guide Fishing Maps

500 Gulf Shore Dr, Destin, FL 32541

Innova Computers

3460 W Walnut St, Garland, TX 75042

Swann Warehouse

111 Poplar St, Murray, KY 42071

Other Companies

Twin City Truck & Trailer Center

6600 Broadacres Rd, Shreveport, LA 71119

Svennson Productions Inc

12121 Wilshire Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90025

Island Soda Systems

1600 N Ocean Ave # 2, Holtsville, New York 11742

Muscle Car Brakes

1061 S Munson Rd, Royse City, TX 75189

Lees Custom Woodshop

11131 Summerfield Rd, Petersburg, MI 49270

Landscape of New York