Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Wicomico County

  •   State: 
    Maryland
      County: 
    Wicomico County
      Zips: 
    21810
    21836
    21852
    21814
    21840
    21803
    21865
    21802
    21861
    21856
    21874
    21830
    21837
    21849
    21850
    21826
    21875
    21804
    21801
      Coordinates: 
    38.36941011766367, -75.63153123975738
      Area total: 
    400.21 sq. mi., 1036.53 sq. km, 256133.12 acres
      Area land: 
    374.42 sq. mi., 969.74 sq. km, 239629.44 acres
      Area water: 
    25.79 sq. mi., 66.79 sq. km, 16503.68 acres
      Established: 
    1867
      Capital seat: 

    Salisbury
    Address: 125 N Division St
    County Office Building
    Salisbury, MD 21801-5030
    Governing Body: County Council with 7 board size
    Governing Authority: Home Rule

  • Wicomico County, Maryland, United States

  •   Population: 
    103,588; Population change: 4.92% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    277 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $51,227
      Households: 
    36,756
      Unemployment rate: 
    7.50% per 49,403 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    6.00%
      Income taxes: 
    7.85%
      GDP: 
    $4.94 B, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Wicomico County's population of Maryland of 31,229 residents in 1930 has increased 3,32-fold to 103,588 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 52.25% female residents and 47.75% male residents live in as of 2020, 53.90% in Wicomico County, Maryland are married and the remaining 46.10% are single population.

    As of 2020, 53.90% in Wicomico County, Maryland are married and the remaining 46.10% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    43,682 residential units of which 91.61% share occupied residential units.

    22.5 minutes is the average time that residents in Wicomico County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    79.46% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 12.31% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 1.52% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 3.46% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Wicomico County, Maryland 60.50% are owner-occupied homes, another 30.38% are rented apartments, and the remaining 9.13% are vacant.

  • The 46.64% of the population in Wicomico County, Maryland who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 52.200%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 46.440%) of those eligible to vote in Wicomico County, Maryland.

Skyline of Wicomico County

In 51 U.S. states are published

3853 Companies
1226 Counties
2376 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

The Gilded Nest

16A N State St, Greenfield, IN 46140

Risco Reusable Industrial Supply Co

1260 N Queen Rd, Walkerton, IN 46574

Southern Guide Fishing Maps

500 Gulf Shore Dr, Destin, FL 32541

Innova Computers

3460 W Walnut St, Garland, TX 75042

Swann Warehouse

111 Poplar St, Murray, KY 42071

Other Companies

GMP Sales Inc

225 Viscoloid Ave # 2, Leominster, MA 01453

Unlimited Designs LLC

1701 31st St SW Suite C, Birmingham, AL 35221

Budbuilt

2647 Hickory Blvd, Hudson, NC 28638

Laundry Mat

791 E 147th St, Bronx, NY 10455

Northern Virginia Supply Inc

7647 Fullerton Rd A, Springfield, VA 22153

Landscape of Maryland