Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Frederick County

  •   State: 
    Maryland
      County: 
    Frederick County
      Zips: 
    21709
    21709
    21775
    21790
    21714
    21718
    21705
    21762
    21704
    21717
    21778
    21780
    21777
    21710
    21758
    21798
    21757
    21755
    21716
    21770
    21773
    21727
    21774
    21754
    21793
    21769
    21788
    21771
    21704
    21703
    21702
    21701
      Coordinates: 
    39.4722127332959, -77.39798426175392
      Area total: 
    667.41 sq. mi., 1728.60 sq. km, 427144.96 acres
      Area land: 
    660.53 sq. mi., 1710.76 sq. km, 422736.64 acres
      Area water: 
    6.89 sq. mi., 17.84 sq. km, 4408.32 acres
      Established: 
    1748
      Capital seat: 

    Frederick
    Address: 12 E Church St
    Winchester Hall
    Frederick, MD 21701-5437
    Governing Body: County Council with 7 board size
    Governing Authority: Home Rule

  • Frederick County, Maryland, United States

  •   Population: 
    271,717; Population change: 16.42% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    411 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $78,160
      Households: 
    83,371
      Unemployment rate: 
    5.90% per 132,867 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    11.00%
      Income taxes: 
    7.71%
      GDP: 
    $12.41 B, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Frederick County's population of Maryland of 54,440 residents in 1930 has increased 4,99-fold to 271,717 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 50.60% female residents and 49.40% male residents live in as of 2020, 64.35% in Frederick County, Maryland are married and the remaining 35.65% are single population.

    As of 2020, 64.35% in Frederick County, Maryland are married and the remaining 35.65% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    103,493 residential units of which 95.04% share occupied residential units.

    35 minutes is the average time that residents in Frederick County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    79.74% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 12.08% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 1.32% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 4.04% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Frederick County, Maryland 72.80% are owner-occupied homes, another 22.31% are rented apartments, and the remaining 4.89% are vacant.

  • The 46.36% of the population in Frederick County, Maryland who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 49.620%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 48.580%) of those eligible to vote in Frederick County, Maryland.

Skyline of Frederick County

In 51 U.S. states are published

3853 Companies
1226 Counties
2376 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

The Gilded Nest

16A N State St, Greenfield, IN 46140

Risco Reusable Industrial Supply Co

1260 N Queen Rd, Walkerton, IN 46574

Southern Guide Fishing Maps

500 Gulf Shore Dr, Destin, FL 32541

Innova Computers

3460 W Walnut St, Garland, TX 75042

Swann Warehouse

111 Poplar St, Murray, KY 42071

Other Companies

Glamorous Boutique

4101 E 42nd St, Odessa, TX 79762

Ijga

11855 Archer Ave, Lemont, IL 60439

Pek Preservation Systems

600 American Way, Windsor, CA 95492

Spa & Bodywork Market

22 Meridian Rd #3, Eatontown, NJ 07724

Wacker Chemical Corporation

13910 Oaks Ave, Chino, CA 91710

Landscape of Maryland