Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Carroll County

  •   State: 
    Maryland
      County: 
    Carroll County
      Zips: 
    21102
    21791
    21776
    21104
    21102
    21787
    21158
    21048
    21074
    21784
    21784
    21157
      Coordinates: 
    39.562854777023645, -77.02252130799502
      Area total: 
    452.69 sq. mi., 1172.47 sq. km, 289722.88 acres
      Area land: 
    447.63 sq. mi., 1159.35 sq. km, 286482.56 acres
      Area water: 
    5.06 sq. mi., 13.11 sq. km, 3240.32 acres
      Established: 
    1836
      Capital seat: 

    Westminster
    Address: 225 N Center St
    County Office Building
    Westminster, MD 21157-5108
    Governing Body: Board of County Commissioners with 5 board size
    Governing Authority: Dillon's Rule

  • Carroll County, Maryland, United States

  •   Population: 
    172,891; Population change: 3.44% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    386 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $81,206
      Households: 
    60,550
      Unemployment rate: 
    5.10% per 93,073 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    6.00%
      Income taxes: 
    7.80%
      GDP: 
    $5.96 B, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Carroll County's population of Maryland of 35,978 residents in 1930 has increased 4,81-fold to 172,891 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 50.59% female residents and 49.41% male residents live in as of 2020, 66.56% in Carroll County, Maryland are married and the remaining 33.44% are single population.

    As of 2020, 66.56% in Carroll County, Maryland are married and the remaining 33.44% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    65,793 residential units of which 95.83% share occupied residential units.

    37.2 minutes is the average time that residents in Carroll County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    83.28% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 9.80% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 1.30% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 3.84% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Carroll County, Maryland 79.89% are owner-occupied homes, another 16.87% are rented apartments, and the remaining 3.24% are vacant.

  • The 47.85% of the population in Carroll County, Maryland who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 64.300%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 33.110%) of those eligible to vote in Carroll County, Maryland.

Skyline of Carroll County

In 51 U.S. states are published

3853 Companies
1226 Counties
2376 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

The Gilded Nest

16A N State St, Greenfield, IN 46140

Risco Reusable Industrial Supply Co

1260 N Queen Rd, Walkerton, IN 46574

Southern Guide Fishing Maps

500 Gulf Shore Dr, Destin, FL 32541

Innova Computers

3460 W Walnut St, Garland, TX 75042

Swann Warehouse

111 Poplar St, Murray, KY 42071

Other Companies

S & T Custom Canvas

8737 Main St # G, Whitmore Lake, MI 48189

Rigos Equipment MFG

14501 Joanbridge St, Baldwin Park, CA 91706

Woodstream Orchids

5810 Huntingtown Rd, Huntingtown, MD 20639

Bambu Batu Nursing Nook

1023 Broad St, San Luis Obispo, CA 93401

Sunshine Plaza

1145 Homestead Rd N, Lehigh Acres, FL 33936

Landscape of Maryland