Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Orleans Parish

  •   State: 
    Louisiana
      County: 
    Orleans Parish
      Zips: 
    70162
    70146
    70151
    70158
    70172
    70182
    70186
    70150
    70150
    70152
    70165
    70174
    70179
    70175
    70177
    70187
    70181
    70148
    70139
    70128
    70170
    70129
    70163
    70131
    70127
    70126
    70124
    70122
    70114
    70125
    70113
    70117
    70116
    70118
    70112
    70115
    70119
    70130
      Coordinates: 
    30.068643556087803, -89.92812938075284
      Area total: 
    349.85 sq. mi., 906.10 sq. km, 223902.08 acres
      Area land: 
    169.43 sq. mi., 438.83 sq. km, 108437.76 acres
      Area water: 
    180.41 sq. mi., 467.27 sq. km, 115464.32 acres
      Established: 
    1807
      Capital seat: 

    New Orleans
    Address: 1300 Perdido St
    New Orleans City Hall
    New Orleans, LA 70112-2125
    Governing Body: Council with 7 board size
    Governing Authority: Home Rule

  • Orleans Parish, Louisiana, United States

  •   Population: 
    383,997; Population change: 11.68% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    2,266 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $38,251
      Households: 
    123,927
      Unemployment rate: 
    12.20% per 181,868 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    9.00%
      Income taxes: 
    6.00%
      GDP: 
    $22.28 B, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Orleans Parish's population of Louisiana of 458,762 residents in 1930 has dropped 0,84-fold to 383,997 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 53.47% female residents and 46.53% male residents live in as of 2020, 39.55% in Orleans Parish, Louisiana are married and the remaining 60.45% are single population.

    As of 2020, 39.55% in Orleans Parish, Louisiana are married and the remaining 60.45% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    193,840 residential units of which 85.19% share occupied residential units.

    26.7 minutes is the average time that residents in Orleans Parish require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    60.32% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 15.54% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 13.20% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 2.90% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Orleans Parish, Louisiana 41.78% are owner-occupied homes, another 49.04% are rented apartments, and the remaining 9.18% are vacant.

  • The 42.99% of the population in Orleans Parish, Louisiana who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 19.080%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 79.420%) of those eligible to vote in Orleans Parish, Louisiana.

Skyline of Orleans Parish

In 51 U.S. states are published

3853 Companies
1226 Counties
2376 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

The Gilded Nest

16A N State St, Greenfield, IN 46140

Risco Reusable Industrial Supply Co

1260 N Queen Rd, Walkerton, IN 46574

Southern Guide Fishing Maps

500 Gulf Shore Dr, Destin, FL 32541

Innova Computers

3460 W Walnut St, Garland, TX 75042

Swann Warehouse

111 Poplar St, Murray, KY 42071

Other Companies

Unique Expressions 4U

3400 Oakman Blvd, Detroit, MI 48238

Schwan's Food Co

331 Frontage Rd, Blackfoot, ID 83221

Just Imagine Inc, dba Executive Travelware

990 Grove St Suite 403, Evanston, IL 60201

Monogram Cottage @ Grand Point Village

3524 Kaliste Saloom Rd, Lafayette, LA 70508

Rock Products LLC

611 Rock Products Ln, Sylacauga, AL 35151

Landscape of Louisiana