Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Lafayette Parish

  •   State: 
    Louisiana
      County: 
    Lafayette Parish
      Zips: 
    70509
    70596
    70502
    70504
    70598
    70505
    70558
    70529
    70520
    70592
    70507
    70583
    70518
    70501
    70506
    70503
    70508
      Coordinates: 
    30.206832543103168, -92.06390458196651
      Area total: 
    269.21 sq. mi., 697.24 sq. km, 172291.20 acres
      Area land: 
    268.76 sq. mi., 696.09 sq. km, 172007.04 acres
      Area water: 
    0.44 sq. mi., 1.15 sq. km, 284.16 acres
      Established: 
    1823
      Capital seat: 

    Lafayette
    Address: 705 West University Avenue
    PO Box 4017-C
    Lafayette, LA
    Governing Body: Council with 9 board size
    Governing Authority: Home Rule

  • Lafayette Parish, Louisiana, United States

  •   Population: 
    241,753; Population change: 9.11% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    899 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $45,411
      Households: 
    82,121
      Unemployment rate: 
    7.10% per 113,811 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    8.00%
      Income taxes: 
    6.00%
      GDP: 
    $12.87 B, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Lafayette Parish's population of Louisiana of 38,827 residents in 1930 has increased 6,23-fold to 241,753 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 51.25% female residents and 48.75% male residents live in as of 2020, 55.50% in Lafayette Parish, Louisiana are married and the remaining 44.50% are single population.

    As of 2020, 55.50% in Lafayette Parish, Louisiana are married and the remaining 44.50% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    107,922 residential units of which 90.28% share occupied residential units.

    24.3 minutes is the average time that residents in Lafayette Parish require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    84.16% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 9.51% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 1.08% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 2.58% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Lafayette Parish, Louisiana 61.38% are owner-occupied homes, another 30.07% are rented apartments, and the remaining 8.55% are vacant.

  • The 77.16% of the population in Lafayette Parish, Louisiana who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 64.880%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 33.610%) of those eligible to vote in Lafayette Parish, Louisiana.

Skyline of Lafayette Parish

In 51 U.S. states are published

3853 Companies
1226 Counties
2376 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

The Gilded Nest

16A N State St, Greenfield, IN 46140

Risco Reusable Industrial Supply Co

1260 N Queen Rd, Walkerton, IN 46574

Southern Guide Fishing Maps

500 Gulf Shore Dr, Destin, FL 32541

Innova Computers

3460 W Walnut St, Garland, TX 75042

Swann Warehouse

111 Poplar St, Murray, KY 42071

Other Companies

Flossmoor Quick Mart

2747 Flossmoor Rd, Flossmoor, IL 60422

Mags Custom Rods

65 M-35, Gwinn, MI 49841

Super C Store

1404 Freeway Dr., Reidsville, NC 27320

Asian Food Imports

1880 Vermont St, Detroit, MI 48216

Nova Systems Products LLC

2111 Comprehensive Dr, Aurora, IL 60505

Landscape of Louisiana