Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Clay County

  •   State: 
    Kentucky
      County: 
    Clay County
      Zips: 
    40951
    40983
    40932
    40941
    40944
    40914
    40913
    40972
    40962
      Coordinates: 
    37.15969745782214, -83.71466277536729
      Area total: 
    471.13 sq. mi., 1220.23 sq. km, 301524.48 acres
      Area land: 
    469.30 sq. mi., 1215.47 sq. km, 300350.08 acres
      Area water: 
    1.84 sq. mi., 4.75 sq. km, 1174.40 acres
      Established: 
    1807
      Capital seat: 

    Manchester
    Address: 102 Richmond Rd
    City County Administration Building
    Manchester, KY 40962-1378
    Governing Body: Magistrate Fiscal Court with 6 board size
    Governing Authority: Dillon's Rule

  • Clay County, Kentucky, United States

  •   Population: 
    20,345; Population change: -6.37% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    43 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $20,452
      Households: 
    4,229
      Unemployment rate: 
    8.60% per 5,199 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    6.00%
      Income taxes: 
    6.00%
      GDP: 
    $326.14 M, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Clay County's population of Kentucky of 9,004 residents in 1930 has increased 1,03-fold to 9,253 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 51.84% female residents and 48.16% male residents live in as of 2020, 64.50% in Clay County, Kentucky are married and the remaining 35.50% are single population.

    As of 2020, 64.50% in Clay County, Kentucky are married and the remaining 35.50% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    8,581 residential units of which 88.49% share occupied residential units.

    32 minutes is the average time that residents in Clay County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    75.50% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 19.15% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 0.53% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 1.77% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Clay County, Kentucky 66.54% are owner-occupied homes, another 22.44% are rented apartments, and the remaining 11.02% are vacant.

  • The 32.22% of the population in Clay County, Kentucky who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 77.540%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 21.080%) of those eligible to vote in Clay County, Kentucky.

Skyline of Clay County

In 51 U.S. states are published

3853 Companies
1226 Counties
2376 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

The Gilded Nest

16A N State St, Greenfield, IN 46140

Risco Reusable Industrial Supply Co

1260 N Queen Rd, Walkerton, IN 46574

Southern Guide Fishing Maps

500 Gulf Shore Dr, Destin, FL 32541

Innova Computers

3460 W Walnut St, Garland, TX 75042

Swann Warehouse

111 Poplar St, Murray, KY 42071

Other Companies

The Bee's Knees Homestead

17700 W Capitol Dr, Brookfield, WI 53045

Crafters Paradise

2209 Vineville Ave, Macon, GA 31204

Your CBD Store - Gresham, OR

1119 NE Hogan Dr, Gresham, OR 97030

All Aboard Promotions

472 Saunders Ave, Akron, OH 44319

Sexton's Shop

1602 Selma Rd, Springfield, OH 45505

Landscape of Kentucky