Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Clark County

  •   State: 
    Kentucky
      County: 
    Clark County
      Zips: 
    40392
    40391
      Coordinates: 
    37.97084878754159, -84.1474051188489
      Area total: 
    255.16 sq. mi., 660.85 sq. km, 163299.84 acres
      Area land: 
    252.49 sq. mi., 653.94 sq. km, 161591.68 acres
      Area water: 
    2.67 sq. mi., 6.91 sq. km, 1708.16 acres
      Established: 
    1793
      Capital seat: 

    Winchester
    Address: 34 S Main St
    County Courthouse
    Winchester, KY 40391-2600
    Governing Body: Magistrate Fiscal Court with 6 board size
    Governing Authority: Dillon's Rule

  • Clark County, Kentucky, United States

  •   Population: 
    36,972; Population change: 3.82% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    146 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $47,789
      Households: 
    8,706
      Unemployment rate: 
    6.60% per 17,006 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    6.00%
      Income taxes: 
    6.00%
      GDP: 
    $1.38 B, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Clark County's population of Kentucky of 18,526 residents in 1930 has increased 1,1-fold to 20,345 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 47.02% female residents and 52.98% male residents live in as of 2020, 63.10% in Clark County, Kentucky are married and the remaining 36.90% are single population.

    As of 2020, 63.10% in Clark County, Kentucky are married and the remaining 36.90% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    16,116 residential units of which 92.56% share occupied residential units.

    27.3 minutes is the average time that residents in Clark County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    84.98% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 11.86% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 0.27% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 2.12% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Clark County, Kentucky 65.21% are owner-occupied homes, another 27.53% are rented apartments, and the remaining 7.26% are vacant.

  • The 53.05% of the population in Clark County, Kentucky who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 61.840%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 36.790%) of those eligible to vote in Clark County, Kentucky.

Skyline of Clark County

In 51 U.S. states are published

3853 Companies
1226 Counties
2376 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

The Gilded Nest

16A N State St, Greenfield, IN 46140

Risco Reusable Industrial Supply Co

1260 N Queen Rd, Walkerton, IN 46574

Southern Guide Fishing Maps

500 Gulf Shore Dr, Destin, FL 32541

Innova Computers

3460 W Walnut St, Garland, TX 75042

Swann Warehouse

111 Poplar St, Murray, KY 42071

Other Companies

Botanica Azteca

620 Fresno St, Parlier, CA 93648

Alley's Country Store

1790 Alleghany Spring Rd, Shawsville, VA 24162

Matthew's Digital Prints

601 3rd St, Clarkston, WA 99403

Pewter Specialties

722 W Market St, York, PA 17401

Remington

60 Main St, Bridgeport, CT 06604

Landscape of Kentucky