Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Calloway County

  •   State: 
    Kentucky
      County: 
    Calloway County
      Zips: 
    42036
    42054
    42076
    42020
    42049
    42071
      Coordinates: 
    36.621101217899216, -88.2722011829736
      Area total: 
    410.70 sq. mi., 1063.70 sq. km, 262845.44 acres
      Area land: 
    385.03 sq. mi., 997.22 sq. km, 246419.20 acres
      Area water: 
    25.67 sq. mi., 66.47 sq. km, 16426.24 acres
      Established: 
    1821
      Capital seat: 

    Murray
    Address: 101 S 5Th St
    County Courthouse
    Murray, KY 42071-2583
    Governing Body: Magistrate Fiscal Court with 4 board size
    Governing Authority: Dillon's Rule

  • Calloway County, Kentucky, United States

  •   Population: 
    37,103; Population change: -0.24% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    96 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $34,785
      Households: 
    35,388
      Unemployment rate: 
    6.20% per 17,865 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    6.00%
      Income taxes: 
    6.00%
      GDP: 
    $1.26 B, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Calloway County's population of Kentucky of 73,391 residents in 1930 has increased 1,27-fold to 93,076 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 51.36% female residents and 48.64% male residents live in as of 2020, 56.25% in Calloway County, Kentucky are married and the remaining 43.75% are single population.

    As of 2020, 56.25% in Calloway County, Kentucky are married and the remaining 43.75% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    17,874 residential units of which 84.53% share occupied residential units.

    19.9 minutes is the average time that residents in Calloway County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    80.24% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 10.52% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 0.89% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 2.82% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Calloway County, Kentucky 59.80% are owner-occupied homes, another 27.76% are rented apartments, and the remaining 12.44% are vacant.

  • The 58.30% of the population in Calloway County, Kentucky who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 58.370%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 40.020%) of those eligible to vote in Calloway County, Kentucky.

Skyline of Calloway County

In 51 U.S. states are published

3853 Companies
1226 Counties
2376 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

The Gilded Nest

16A N State St, Greenfield, IN 46140

Risco Reusable Industrial Supply Co

1260 N Queen Rd, Walkerton, IN 46574

Southern Guide Fishing Maps

500 Gulf Shore Dr, Destin, FL 32541

Innova Computers

3460 W Walnut St, Garland, TX 75042

Swann Warehouse

111 Poplar St, Murray, KY 42071

Other Companies

Answerway

8010 Burr Oak Dr, Greenwood, LA 71033

S H Trading

1155 S Main St, Los Angeles, CA 90015

Goin' Dutch Trading Co

10100 Mabelvale Pike, Mabelvale, AR 72103

Janice Dollar Store

1569 NW 27th Ave, Miami, FL 33125

Orr Enterprise LLC

11515 Bollinger Ln, Las Vegas, NV 89141

Landscape of Kentucky