Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Boone County

  •   State: 
    Boone County
    38.969866572066515, -84.72783915027277
      Area total: 
    256.51 sq. mi., 664.35 sq. km, 164165.76 acres
      Area land: 
    246.28 sq. mi., 637.87 sq. km, 157621.76 acres
      Area water: 
    10.23 sq. mi., 26.48 sq. km, 6544.00 acres
      Capital seat: 

    Address: 2950 Washington St
    County Courthouse
    Burlington, KY 41005-8536
    Governing Body: Commission Fiscal Court with 3 board size
    Governing Authority: Dillon's Rule

  • Boone County, Kentucky, United States

  •   Population: 
    135,968; Population change: 14.44% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    552 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
      Unemployment rate: 
    5.40% per 70,071 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
      Income taxes: 
    $10.55 B, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Boone County's population of Kentucky of 18,060 residents in 1930 has increased 1,12-fold to 20,252 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 51.25% female residents and 48.75% male residents live in as of 2020, 60.07% in Boone County, Kentucky are married and the remaining 39.93% are single population.

    As of 2020, 60.07% in Boone County, Kentucky are married and the remaining 39.93% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    51,468 residential units of which 95.55% share occupied residential units.

    26.8 minutes is the average time that residents in Boone County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    85.63% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 9.74% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 1.08% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 2.66% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Boone County, Kentucky 71.64% are owner-occupied homes, another 22.03% are rented apartments, and the remaining 6.33% are vacant.

  • The 52.52% of the population in Boone County, Kentucky who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 66.590%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 32.090%) of those eligible to vote in Boone County, Kentucky.

Skyline of Boone County

In 51 U.S. states are published

3853 Companies
1226 Counties
2376 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

The Gilded Nest

16A N State St, Greenfield, IN 46140

Risco Reusable Industrial Supply Co

1260 N Queen Rd, Walkerton, IN 46574

Southern Guide Fishing Maps

500 Gulf Shore Dr, Destin, FL 32541

Innova Computers

3460 W Walnut St, Garland, TX 75042

Swann Warehouse

111 Poplar St, Murray, KY 42071

Other Companies

Sirob Imports Inc

7 Gear Ave, Lindenhurst, NY 11757

L H Travis Inc

1800 42nd St NW, Winter Haven, FL 33881

Blanket Co

2275 N Main St, Clearfield, UT 84015

Kentucky USA Energy Inc

321 Somerset Rd Suite 1, London, KY 40741

Car Computers

4800 E Tropicana Ave, Las Vegas, NV 89121

Landscape of Kentucky