Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Allen County

  •   State: 
    Kentucky
      County: 
    Allen County
      Zips: 
    42153
    42164
    42120
    42164
      Coordinates: 
    36.75131655647441, -86.19041897179909
      Area total: 
    351.86 sq. mi., 911.32 sq. km, 225192.32 acres
      Area land: 
    344.34 sq. mi., 891.84 sq. km, 220378.24 acres
      Area water: 
    7.52 sq. mi., 19.48 sq. km, 4814.08 acres
      Established: 
    1815
      Capital seat: 

    Scottsville
    Address: PO BOX 115
    County Courthouse
    Scottsville, KY 42164-0115
    Governing Body: Magistrate Fiscal Court with 5 board size
    Governing Authority: Dillon's Rule

  • Allen County, Kentucky, United States

  •   Population: 
    20,588; Population change: 3.17% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    60 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $36,319
      Households: 
    8,482
      Unemployment rate: 
    5.50% per 8,732 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    6.00%
      Income taxes: 
    6.00%
      GDP: 
    $468.66 M, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Allen County's population of Kentucky of 8,494 residents in 1930 has increased 2,81-fold to 23,852 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 50.84% female residents and 49.16% male residents live in as of 2020, 66.22% in Allen County, Kentucky are married and the remaining 33.78% are single population.

    As of 2020, 66.22% in Allen County, Kentucky are married and the remaining 33.78% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    9,208 residential units of which 86.98% share occupied residential units.

    28.4 minutes is the average time that residents in Allen County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    77.61% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 15.89% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 0.15% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 3.46% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Allen County, Kentucky 69.48% are owner-occupied homes, another 17.77% are rented apartments, and the remaining 12.75% are vacant.

  • The 32.55% of the population in Allen County, Kentucky who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 71.150%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 27.390%) of those eligible to vote in Allen County, Kentucky.

Skyline of Allen County

In 51 U.S. states are published

3853 Companies
1226 Counties
2376 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

The Gilded Nest

16A N State St, Greenfield, IN 46140

Risco Reusable Industrial Supply Co

1260 N Queen Rd, Walkerton, IN 46574

Southern Guide Fishing Maps

500 Gulf Shore Dr, Destin, FL 32541

Innova Computers

3460 W Walnut St, Garland, TX 75042

Swann Warehouse

111 Poplar St, Murray, KY 42071

Other Companies

G.O. Music Center

632 Chestnut St, Berea, KY 40403

Evolution Health and Wellness + CBD

2600 London Rd, Eau Claire, WI 54701

W D Supply Co

417 N George St, Goldsboro, NC 27530

G & H Sewing Shop

1395 N Wilson Rd, Radcliff, KY 40160

Tonys Garage

900 W Broadway Ave, Sulphur, OK 73086

Landscape of Kentucky