Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Thomas County

  •   State: 
    Kansas
      County: 
    Thomas County
      Zips: 
    67743
    67743
    67734
    67732
    67753
    67701
      Coordinates: 
    39.35096864565523, -101.05553135697504
      Area total: 
    1074.80 sq. mi., 2783.71 sq. km, 687870.08 acres
      Area land: 
    1074.69 sq. mi., 2783.43 sq. km, 687799.04 acres
      Area water: 
    0.11 sq. mi., 0.29 sq. km, 71.04 acres
      Established: 
    1885
      Capital seat: 

    Colby
    Address: 300 N Court Ave
    County Courthouse
    Colby, KS 67701-2421
    Governing Body: Board of County Commissioners with 3 board size
    Governing Authority: Home Rule

  • Thomas County, Kansas, United States

  •   Population: 
    7,930; Population change: 0.38% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    7.4 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $45,125
      Households: 
    1,267
      Unemployment rate: 
    2.90% per 4,230 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    6.55%
      Income taxes: 
    6.45%
      GDP: 
    $553.04 M, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Thomas County's population of Kansas of 6,470 residents in 1930 has dropped 0,43-fold to 2,808 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 51.48% female residents and 48.52% male residents live in as of 2020, 65.57% in Thomas County, Kansas are married and the remaining 34.43% are single population.

    As of 2020, 65.57% in Thomas County, Kansas are married and the remaining 34.43% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    3,573 residential units of which 88.50% share occupied residential units.

    12.9 minutes is the average time that residents in Thomas County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    83.01% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 6.76% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 0.08% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 6.82% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Thomas County, Kansas 57.41% are owner-occupied homes, another 25.90% are rented apartments, and the remaining 16.69% are vacant.

  • The 46.95% of the population in Thomas County, Kansas who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 77.240%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 21.430%) of those eligible to vote in Thomas County, Kansas.

Skyline of Thomas County

In 51 U.S. states are published

3853 Companies
1226 Counties
2376 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

The Gilded Nest

16A N State St, Greenfield, IN 46140

Risco Reusable Industrial Supply Co

1260 N Queen Rd, Walkerton, IN 46574

Southern Guide Fishing Maps

500 Gulf Shore Dr, Destin, FL 32541

Innova Computers

3460 W Walnut St, Garland, TX 75042

Swann Warehouse

111 Poplar St, Murray, KY 42071

Other Companies

Signs Unlimited

12633 Yale Rd, Brockway, MI 48097

Vietri Inc

343 Elizabeth Brady Rd, Hillsborough, NC 27278

Stephanie Dubsky

312 W 119th St, New York, NY 10026

RK ENTERPRISES FFL SUPPLIES

1419 Chateau Terrace, Menasha, WI 54952

Wilder Motor & Equipment Co

301 15th Ave N, Nashville, TN 37203

Landscape of Kansas