Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Johnson County

  •   State: 
    Kansas
      County: 
    Johnson County
      Zips: 
    66286
    66250
    66251
    66283
    66222
    66222
    66286
    66051
    66251
    66283
    66204
    66216
    66203
    66209
    66063
    66223
    66217
    66282
    66206
    66225
    66285
    66213
    66205
    66206
    66202
    66210
    66207
    66208
    66208
    66219
    66216
    66203
    66206
    66201
    66021
    66210
    66211
    66031
    66215
    66227
    66085
    66212
    66214
    66202
    66224
    66205
    66220
    66204
    66205
    66205
    66227
    66204
    66215
    66205
    66203
    66218
    66202
    66207
    66018
    66085
    66224
    66083
    66217
    66214
    66207
    66206
    66226
    66209
    66221
    66030
    66209
    66216
    66203
    66202
    66214
    66219
    66211
    66204
    66208
    66223
    66211
    66213
    66212
    66215
    66210
    66061
    66062
      Coordinates: 
    38.883768500899215, -94.82226120319122
      Area total: 
    479.93 sq. mi., 1243.00 sq. km, 307152.00 acres
      Area land: 
    473.62 sq. mi., 1226.67 sq. km, 303116.16 acres
      Area water: 
    6.31 sq. mi., 16.33 sq. km, 4035.84 acres
      Established: 
    1855
      Capital seat: 

    Olathe
    Address: 111 S Cherry Street
    Olathe, KS 66061-3451
    Governing Body: Board of County Commissioners with 7 board size
    Governing Authority: Home Rule

  • Johnson County, Kansas, United States

  •   Population: 
    609,863; Population change: 12.07% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    1289.4 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $72,030
      Households: 
    1,373
      Unemployment rate: 
    5.10% per 342,146 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    7.53%
      Income taxes: 
    6.45%
      GDP: 
    $43.77 B, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Johnson County's population of Kansas of 3,196 residents in 1930 has increased 1,25-fold to 3,983 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 49.32% female residents and 50.68% male residents live in as of 2020, 67.63% in Johnson County, Kansas are married and the remaining 32.37% are single population.

    As of 2020, 67.63% in Johnson County, Kansas are married and the remaining 32.37% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    251,681 residential units of which 95.16% share occupied residential units.

    22.6 minutes is the average time that residents in Johnson County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    86.66% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 6.70% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 0.29% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 4.90% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Johnson County, Kansas 70.33% are owner-occupied homes, another 25.20% are rented apartments, and the remaining 4.47% are vacant.

  • The 49.46% of the population in Johnson County, Kansas who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 53.700%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 44.720%) of those eligible to vote in Johnson County, Kansas.

Skyline of Johnson County

In 51 U.S. states are published

3853 Companies
1226 Counties
2376 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

The Gilded Nest

16A N State St, Greenfield, IN 46140

Risco Reusable Industrial Supply Co

1260 N Queen Rd, Walkerton, IN 46574

Southern Guide Fishing Maps

500 Gulf Shore Dr, Destin, FL 32541

Innova Computers

3460 W Walnut St, Garland, TX 75042

Swann Warehouse

111 Poplar St, Murray, KY 42071

Other Companies

Pac Tool & Supply Co

420 Paterson Ave, East Rutherford, NJ 07073

Sign Me Up

142 S Pitt St, Manheim, PA 17545

Hanover Medical LLC

217 E Churchville Rd, Bel Air, MD 21014

Signs of the Times Inc

759 Bloomfield Ave, West Caldwell, NJ 07006

Premier Fulfillment

4841 Dillon Dr, Pueblo, CO 81008

Landscape of Kansas