Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Cowley County

  •   State: 
    Kansas
      County: 
    Cowley County
      Zips: 
    67131
    67023
    67008
    67038
    67019
    67146
    67005
    67156
      Coordinates: 
    37.23775280063683, -96.8374891370524
      Area total: 
    1132.43 sq. mi., 2932.97 sq. km, 724752.64 acres
      Area land: 
    1125.74 sq. mi., 2915.65 sq. km, 720472.32 acres
      Area water: 
    6.69 sq. mi., 17.32 sq. km, 4280.32 acres
      Established: 
    1870
      Capital seat: 

    Winfield
    Address: 311 E 9Th Ave
    County Courthouse
    Winfield, KS 67156-2961
    Governing Body: Board of County Commissioners with 3 board size
    Governing Authority: Home Rule

  • Cowley County, Kansas, United States

  •   Population: 
    34,549; Population change: -4.85% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    30.7 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $41,598
      Households: 
    15,765
      Unemployment rate: 
    6.50% per 16,807 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    6.80%
      Income taxes: 
    6.45%
      GDP: 
    $1.34 B, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Cowley County's population of Kansas of 49,329 residents in 1930 has dropped 0,79-fold to 38,972 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 50.97% female residents and 49.03% male residents live in as of 2020, 53.54% in Cowley County, Kansas are married and the remaining 46.46% are single population.

    As of 2020, 53.54% in Cowley County, Kansas are married and the remaining 46.46% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    15,558 residential units of which 85.63% share occupied residential units.

    21.6 minutes is the average time that residents in Cowley County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    82.02% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 10.69% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 0.11% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 3.54% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Cowley County, Kansas 59.75% are owner-occupied homes, another 24.16% are rented apartments, and the remaining 16.10% are vacant.

  • The 50.53% of the population in Cowley County, Kansas who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 61.590%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 36.350%) of those eligible to vote in Cowley County, Kansas.

Skyline of Cowley County

In 51 U.S. states are published

3853 Companies
1226 Counties
2376 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

The Gilded Nest

16A N State St, Greenfield, IN 46140

Risco Reusable Industrial Supply Co

1260 N Queen Rd, Walkerton, IN 46574

Southern Guide Fishing Maps

500 Gulf Shore Dr, Destin, FL 32541

Innova Computers

3460 W Walnut St, Garland, TX 75042

Swann Warehouse

111 Poplar St, Murray, KY 42071

Other Companies

Go Big MX

1330 Castle Creek Ranch Rd, Newcastle, CA 95658

No Worries Spot LLC

101 Edgefield Dr, Cleves, OH 45002

TableTop Studio Inc

5770 Nicolle St D, Ventura, California 93003

Kion Defense Technologies

1957 Pioneer Rd A, Huntingdon Valley, PA 19006

Calico Press LLC

Rollingbay, WA 98061

Landscape of Kansas