Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Sioux County

  •   State: 
    Iowa
      County: 
    Sioux County
      Zips: 
    51244
    51036
    51022
    51234
    51027
    51003
    51238
    51023
    51239
    51247
    51041
    51250
      Coordinates: 
    43.08261748861385, -96.17788287108603
      Area total: 
    768.99 sq. mi., 1991.68 sq. km, 492155.52 acres
      Area land: 
    767.91 sq. mi., 1988.89 sq. km, 491464.96 acres
      Area water: 
    1.08 sq. mi., 2.80 sq. km, 690.56 acres
      Established: 
    1851
      Capital seat: 

    Orange City
    Address: PO BOX 18
    County Courthouse
    Orange City, IA 51041-0018
    Governing Body: Board of Supervisors with 5 board size
    Governing Authority: Home Rule

  • Sioux County, Iowa, United States

  •   Population: 
    35,872; Population change: 6.43% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    47 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $52,803
      Households: 
    31,970
      Unemployment rate: 
    2.70% per 20,757 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    7.00%
      Income taxes: 
    8.98%
      GDP: 
    $2.52 B, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Sioux County's population of Iowa of 31,141 residents in 1930 has increased 3,16-fold to 98,537 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 48.30% female residents and 51.70% male residents live in as of 2020, 47.77% in Sioux County, Iowa are married and the remaining 52.23% are single population.

    As of 2020, 47.77% in Sioux County, Iowa are married and the remaining 52.23% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    13,000 residential units of which 93.86% share occupied residential units.

    14.2 minutes is the average time that residents in Sioux County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    72.57% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 7.78% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 0.23% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 7.15% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Sioux County, Iowa 75.37% are owner-occupied homes, another 18.04% are rented apartments, and the remaining 6.59% are vacant.

  • The 92.31% of the population in Sioux County, Iowa who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 80.950%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 18.180%) of those eligible to vote in Sioux County, Iowa.

Skyline of Sioux County

In 51 U.S. states are published

3853 Companies
1226 Counties
2376 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

The Gilded Nest

16A N State St, Greenfield, IN 46140

Risco Reusable Industrial Supply Co

1260 N Queen Rd, Walkerton, IN 46574

Southern Guide Fishing Maps

500 Gulf Shore Dr, Destin, FL 32541

Innova Computers

3460 W Walnut St, Garland, TX 75042

Swann Warehouse

111 Poplar St, Murray, KY 42071

Other Companies

Aqua Service Distributors

2001 W Kingsbury St, Seguin, TX 78155

Ernie's AG Center

2838 183rd St, Calmar, IA 52132

Totally T-Shirts Signs & More

201 W Hampton St, Pemberton, NJ 08068

Classic Racing Collectibles

1625 N 2nd St, Clinton, IA 52732

Eternal Threads

101 Walnut St, Abilene, TX 79601

Landscape of Iowa