Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Linn County

  •   State: 
    Iowa
      County: 
    Linn County
      Zips: 
    52499
    52498
    52219
    52344
    52406
    52410
    52341
    52202
    52218
    52352
    52227
    52228
    52336
    52328
    52214
    52324
    52253
    52213
    52411
    52314
    52405
    52233
    52403
    52401
    52302
    52404
    52402
      Coordinates: 
    42.07895351573132, -91.5990227312332
      Area total: 
    724.67 sq. mi., 1876.88 sq. km, 463788.16 acres
      Area land: 
    717.08 sq. mi., 1857.22 sq. km, 458929.92 acres
      Area water: 
    7.59 sq. mi., 19.66 sq. km, 4858.24 acres
      Established: 
    1839
      Capital seat: 

    Cedar Rapids
    Address: 935 2nd St SW
    Cedar Rapids, IA 52404-2164
    Governing Body: Board of Supervisors with 5 board size
    Governing Authority: Home Rule

  • Linn County, Iowa, United States

  •   Population: 
    230,299; Population change: 9.03% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    321 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $52,713
      Households: 
    4,330
      Unemployment rate: 
    6.40% per 118,853 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    6.00%
      Income taxes: 
    8.98%
      GDP: 
    $15.47 B, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Linn County's population of Iowa of 11,575 residents in 1930 has dropped 0,94-fold to 10,837 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 50.19% female residents and 49.81% male residents live in as of 2020, 65.89% in Linn County, Iowa are married and the remaining 34.11% are single population.

    As of 2020, 65.89% in Linn County, Iowa are married and the remaining 34.11% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    101,230 residential units of which 93.60% share occupied residential units.

    19.4 minutes is the average time that residents in Linn County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    82.79% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 10.13% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 1.05% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 2.98% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Linn County, Iowa 68.96% are owner-occupied homes, another 24.62% are rented apartments, and the remaining 6.42% are vacant.

  • The 54.60% of the population in Linn County, Iowa who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 38.480%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 60.010%) of those eligible to vote in Linn County, Iowa.

Skyline of Linn County

In 51 U.S. states are published

3853 Companies
1226 Counties
2376 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

The Gilded Nest

16A N State St, Greenfield, IN 46140

Risco Reusable Industrial Supply Co

1260 N Queen Rd, Walkerton, IN 46574

Southern Guide Fishing Maps

500 Gulf Shore Dr, Destin, FL 32541

Innova Computers

3460 W Walnut St, Garland, TX 75042

Swann Warehouse

111 Poplar St, Murray, KY 42071

Other Companies

Black River Supply

3007 Easler Hwy, Greeleyville, SC 29056

Carolina Hemp Company - West Asheville, NC

290 Haywood Rd #002, Asheville, NC 28806

Giliam Sales Co Inc

41 Princes Pine Rd, Norwalk, CT 06850

Peregrine Corporation

3231 Dundale Rd, Birmingham, AL 35216

R & R Mailbox and Shipping

4645 Matlock Rd #104, Arlington, TX 76018

Landscape of Iowa