Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Jasper County

  •   State: 
    Iowa
      County: 
    Jasper County
      Zips: 
    50127
    50137
    50232
    50168
    50153
    50135
    50028
    50170
    50228
    50054
    50251
    50208
      Coordinates: 
    41.68603892121032, -93.05376467250834
      Area total: 
    732.95 sq. mi., 1898.34 sq. km, 469089.92 acres
      Area land: 
    730.41 sq. mi., 1891.76 sq. km, 467464.32 acres
      Area water: 
    2.54 sq. mi., 6.58 sq. km, 1625.60 acres
      Established: 
    1846
      Capital seat: 

    Newton
    Address: PO BOX 944
    County Courthouse
    Newton, IA 50208-0944
    Governing Body: Board of Supervisors with 3 board size
    Governing Authority: Home Rule

  • Jasper County, Iowa, United States

  •   Population: 
    37,813; Population change: 2.64% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    52 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $47,387
      Households: 
    6,507
      Unemployment rate: 
    5.30% per 19,177 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    7.00%
      Income taxes: 
    8.98%
      GDP: 
    $1.10 B, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Jasper County's population of Iowa of 16,241 residents in 1930 has dropped 0,96-fold to 15,663 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 50.84% female residents and 49.16% male residents live in as of 2020, 57.79% in Jasper County, Iowa are married and the remaining 42.21% are single population.

    As of 2020, 57.79% in Jasper County, Iowa are married and the remaining 42.21% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    16,132 residential units of which 92.95% share occupied residential units.

    21.4 minutes is the average time that residents in Jasper County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    78.67% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 11.82% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 0.50% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 5.23% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Jasper County, Iowa 69.64% are owner-occupied homes, another 22.04% are rented apartments, and the remaining 8.33% are vacant.

  • The 48.84% of the population in Jasper County, Iowa who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 45.280%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 52.780%) of those eligible to vote in Jasper County, Iowa.

Skyline of Jasper County

In 51 U.S. states are published

3853 Companies
1226 Counties
2376 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

The Gilded Nest

16A N State St, Greenfield, IN 46140

Risco Reusable Industrial Supply Co

1260 N Queen Rd, Walkerton, IN 46574

Southern Guide Fishing Maps

500 Gulf Shore Dr, Destin, FL 32541

Innova Computers

3460 W Walnut St, Garland, TX 75042

Swann Warehouse

111 Poplar St, Murray, KY 42071

Other Companies

GAIA CELL CORP.

2119 NW 84th Ave #1, Doral, FL 33122

RK ENTERPRISES FFL SUPPLIES

1419 Chateau Terrace, Menasha, WI 54952

Sojane

7526 E 82nd St, Indianapolis, IN 46256

Southern Auction Sales

2031 Waxhaw Hwy, Monroe, NC 28112

Medi Trends

234 Locust St, Lockport, NY 14094

Landscape of Iowa