Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Butte County

  •   State: 
    California
      County: 
    Butte County
      Zips: 
    95958
    95978
    95930
    95941
    95914
    95967
    95929
    95968
    95916
    95974
    95942
    95927
    95917
    95938
    95954
    95948
    95966
    95965
    95969
    95973
    95926
    95928
      Coordinates: 
    39.666929360176375, -121.60067176937531
      Area total: 
    1677.13 sq. mi., 4343.75 sq. km, 1073363.84 acres
      Area land: 
    1636.49 sq. mi., 4238.49 sq. km, 1047352.96 acres
      Area water: 
    40.64 sq. mi., 105.26 sq. km, 26010.88 acres
      Established: 
    1850
      Capital seat: 

    Oroville
    Address: 25 County Center Drive
    Oroville, CA 95965-3316
    Governing Body: Board of Supervisors with 5 board size
    Governing Authority: Home Rule

  • Butte County, California, United States

  •   Population: 
    211,632; Population change: -3.80% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    129 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $41,178
      Households: 
    85,871
      Unemployment rate: 
    9.20% per 92,604 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    7.25%
      Income taxes: 
    9.30%
      GDP: 
    $9.90 B, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Butte County's population of California of 34,095 residents in 1930 has increased 6,21-fold to 211,632 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 50.87% female residents and 49.13% male residents live in as of 2020, 52.50% in Butte County, California are married and the remaining 47.50% are single population.

    As of 2020, 52.50% in Butte County, California are married and the remaining 47.50% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    90,133 residential units of which 92.38% share occupied residential units.

    22.1 minutes is the average time that residents in Butte County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    74.76% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 13.30% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 1.10% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 4.35% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Butte County, California 55.52% are owner-occupied homes, another 35.32% are rented apartments, and the remaining 9.16% are vacant.

  • The 26.75% of the population in Butte County, California who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 47.320%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 49.660%) of those eligible to vote in Butte County, California.

Skyline of Butte County

In 51 U.S. states are published

3853 Companies
1226 Counties
2376 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

The Gilded Nest

16A N State St, Greenfield, IN 46140

Risco Reusable Industrial Supply Co

1260 N Queen Rd, Walkerton, IN 46574

Southern Guide Fishing Maps

500 Gulf Shore Dr, Destin, FL 32541

Innova Computers

3460 W Walnut St, Garland, TX 75042

Swann Warehouse

111 Poplar St, Murray, KY 42071

Other Companies

Sky Herbs

30517 204th Ave SE, Kent, WA 98042

Keith P. Tompkins Woodturning Studio

35 Vineyard Ct, Tivoli, NY 12583

Advertising Specialities

320 S Jackson St, Athens, TN 37303

Marcus Gift Cards

100 E Wisconsin Ave, Milwaukee, WI 53202

Herring Seed Co

201 N Main St, Stantonsburg, NC 27883

Landscape of California